Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to install a pioneer touch screen radio, in the big bottom compartment of my 05 6speed accord (no nav). and iw as wondering how i can do this while keeping my temperature settings on the stock radio, and so i can have the aftermarket screen control the music and so on.

·
Runs With Scissors
126 Posts
You need to use metra part # 99-7862 which is the kit and harness for installing a single din in the cubby.If it's a double din you can use the harness from the 99-7862 kit and modify the actual kit to accept a double din which is alot of work.

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Buy the honda DD kit for the lower cubby and a Soundgate Auxhon03, with tis setup you can install the unit in the bottom then use the units aux outs to connect to the stock head unit.

·
J33 w/TL LSD 6 Speed
1,586 Posts
You need to run a wire harness split/crossover to keep the top unit turned on and functioning (in order to keep the climate controls) See my Thread with pictures for/as an example.

·
Registered
28 Posts
All you need is the non-navi wiring harness for the 03-05 accord. Either metra or scoche will do, theyre identical. Get a metra headunit relocation mounting kit and a dremmell and start cutting. Theres no really special wiring or crossovers, all headunits are plug and play nowadays and the wiring harness only relocates the radio functions so your climate controls still work normal and the factory display still displays your temps. Heck, you can still turn your factory radio on, theres just no sound because the speaker harness is connected to your aftermarket radio. Its not all that hard. Check out my cardomain and go to page three.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2484464/3

·
Registered
260 Posts
thats my problem at the moment, i let circuit city install my jvc and my display dont display..sorry to jack

·
Banned
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All you need is the non-navi wiring harness for the 03-05 accord. Either metra or scoche will do, theyre identical. Get a metra headunit relocation mounting kit and a dremmell and start cutting. Theres no really special wiring or crossovers, all headunits are plug and play nowadays and the wiring harness only relocates the radio functions so your climate controls still work normal and the factory display still displays your temps. Heck, you can still turn your factory radio on, theres just no sound because the speaker harness is connected to your aftermarket radio. Its not all that hard. Check out my cardomain and go to page three.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2484464/3
thats exactly what i want, but i want the cubby door to still be there so i can hide the screen

·
7th Gen ACcord
3,671 Posts
search a thread made by the user avenger408. that thread will answer all your questions.
oh forgot to mention that the thread should be titled pinoneer something

1 - 13 of 13 Posts