Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,075 Posts
brex said:
Hondata doesn't work on 7gen engine yet..

Do you actually think that they would develop a ECU reflash? I really doubt it. I think Unichip will release some good results after testing is done.

·
Registered
90 Posts
its for the k24s in the four cylinder accords. it basically helps by cooling the air, in addition to a cai its a great investment for 60$. a guy on accordtuner.com just installed it, he has i/h/tp/e, and with the img ran a 14.9! i am not saying just cuz of the img you too can run something like that, just that all these mods for the 4bangers add up.

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
3,038 Posts
Its an intake manifold gasket. Its thicker than the stock one and makes the air coming in the intake manifold cooler, which equals more power. On the RSX-S, just the intake gasket alone netted 5whp on Church's dyno (reputable shop in Cali that Hondata works with). I think its a great investment, its not much money at all for a good amount of hp, relatively speaking. Plus, colder air is always better. I've heard its a PITA to install though.

BTW, why won't Hondata work on the 7th gen V6s? has anyone approached them yet?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Hondata IMG is short for saying Hondata reflash. Which is the process of having your ECU flashed by Hondata with a copy of their tuned applications.

And the Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket is a bit more difficult than installing headers.

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
3,038 Posts
drkangel348 said:
Hondata IMG is short for saying Hondata reflash. Which is the process of having your ECU flashed by Hondata with a copy of their tuned applications.

And the Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket is a bit more difficult than installing headers.
No, Hondata IMG and the Hondata reflash are two separate things.

The Hondata IMG is a INTAKE MANIFOLD GASKET.

The Manifold gasket is a PITA to install. The reflash, however, is a breeze :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts