Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys i have been gone for awhile I still have my Chrome wheeling Black 02 av6 coupe its my daily driver

and now for why

I picked up a 2001 Lexus is300 from salvage for 5k (it has 40k mi on it and it orginates from my city) hit the the front replaced the bumper and radiator ..

They salvaged it because the seat belts locked up and the airbags deployed i guess it was my lucky day

And now its my Redline Time Attack Beast pushing 505 hp at the rear wheels

I have onen pic of it here at work..... But i will come back say whats up and post in the toyota form too. And of course if i ever have trouble with the Honda. (like replaceing the cabin air filter would have never been the same without this site!) LOL Love ya guys!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man what a hassle, I havent been able to do much work on the car yet and here is why......

I purchased the car from a guy who lives out of state and it the car has a slavaged title on it. I took less then two seconds to aquire the vehicle but to require the lien release took forever, to get insurance took forever, to get the title was quick, to get the bill of sale not to bad.

But here is the snag

In Kansas and of course many other states they require an inspection to gain an MVE-1 form that you can take to the DMV and then pay your tags and taxes.

Well the Special Investigations officers that i have ran into there suck. The first (lez grump lady was like nope sorry get the f out)

Came back so i thought pre-parred and talked to another guy he was like you have everything but i need reciepts for the parts that have been replaced

SO i have to get reciepts to parts that dont exsist! IM PULLING MY HAIR OUT PEOPLE two car payments later lol

Finally i decided lets go to the pros greenlighttitles.com in Oregan this lady is awesome. She is pulling strings right and left and i finally have all the documentation etc that i need

She also got ahold of the Top Officer to inspect my car by appointment to get my MVE-1 form and then she will also take car of my titleing etc etc

So hopefully the car will be legal in two weeks or less and i can post up my progress . Im to affraid to do anything to the car until its 100% clear!

Besides first thing im doing is painting it and dropping it

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank You Jesus Praise The Lord ! Hollow Lua!

THE State of Kansas today passed my 2001 Lexus IS300 as a Rebuild Slavage gave me a tag and title today finally after months of not being able to drive it but only on the street! LET THE TRANSFORMATION BEGIN!!!!!!!!!:angel:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Sorry its been awhile, here is some of the progress, no turbo yet but its in the near future damn engagement rings are pricey! lol

you can not tell from the first picture, but it was wrecked on the front driver side, and painted 3 dif colors of graphite grey pearl, so i had it media blasted and shot it satin black matte. I looks a little darker there then it really is. And obv the driver side is not f'd up anymore

1 - 14 of 14 Posts