Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
... Honda is bliss ...
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there something I can do other than sound deadening (dynamat, e-dead) etc.? I dont have too much of a rattling problem outside. But when i turn it up it rattles my rear deck and it may seem like something's loose. Any ideas?

·
... Honda is bliss ...
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm too broke for it. haha

·
- Leo
992 Posts
I have a great solution for you. Its real sound deadening for really cheap. Go to Lowes or something like it and get peel n' seal or search where ever else they might have it. It comes like 25 ft by 6 in roll. With just 2 rolls totaling under 40 bux i completely did my entire trunk for my sub. That stuff is exactly the same as dynamatt extreme except for a fraction of the cost. Works just as good. Look it up, you wont be dissapointed.

·
what's cracking?
357 Posts
LOL. sorry that stuff is cheap for a reason. it might work, but not as good as brands like dynamat, raammat and second skin damplifier pro.

·
... Honda is bliss ...
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dynamat, first off, is the biggest rip off for sound deadening. I rather spend my money on e-dead.

03_AV6: I just might do that. Thanx for the input bro.

·
... Honda is bliss ...
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are you sure that Lowe's carries it in So Cal? Cause I heard that So Cal doesn't have the need for Peel and Stick (for whatever they must use it for) so they probably wont sell it in the stores.

If you know what it is exactly called or if you had a SKU number, that could possibly help me out. :)

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
i got Dynamat bulk pack off of eBay for $120 shipped a couple of years ago. Cartoys here charges $250+ tax. it was just enough to do my whole trunk.

·
PitchBlk, aka BigLou 7
1,844 Posts
check out my list of deadening. i did so much and there was still rattles. so, i'm selling my car & just leased an 07 TL. You'll never be satisfied the moment you begin

·
Registered
259 Posts
deadening is never ending. what i would recommend is getting the system to the loudness you want to, deaden the "usual suspects" (trunk, door, trunk lid, license plate, if you have the money, floor and wheel wells too). then save a bit of deadening and drive around, listen for rattles, and apply as necessary. if your system is real loud, ur rattles will never go away =P

1 - 19 of 19 Posts