Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my car back from getting painted and havin alginment done. There is a wierd sound coming from the back right or front right side of the car i can't tell. Somone said it might be something with a wheel bearing. It almost sound like the wheel is scraping the fender. Anyone know what it is? :eek:

·
Registered
88 Posts
It could be the wheel bearing. Jack the car up and try to wiggle the wheel. If it wiggles, then it's your bearing. Also check out your tires and tight up the lug nuts. My car was making noise from the rear. I just needed new tires.

·
Registered
173 Posts
i agree with SOM...might be the bearings. I would suggest tightening the lug nuts first before you wiggle it. Then if it wiggles you definitely know it's the bearings

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright i will give it a shot. I first will tighten the lug nuts up and then jack the car and and beat the **** out of it...woah sorry got carried away... i just jack the car up and give a it a lil wiggle! :eek:

thanks

·
JB4 e92
5,224 Posts
c-murda said:
Alright i will give it a shot. I first will tighten the lug nuts up and then jack the car and and beat the **** out of it...woah sorry got carried away... i just jack the car up and give a it a lil wiggle! :eek:
Be careful it might fall apart even more... :p

·
Registered
52 Posts
c-murda said:

thanks
is that cuz the wheels get stuck? when I was changing wheels one I had a lot of trouble getting the wheel off, it wouldnt budge.

·
Registered
345 Posts
i had the same problem, a little corrosion will bond the wheel to where it touches the inside part of the brake rotor, a tap on the tire with a mallet will knock it off. also if you want you can put a thin film of grease on the inside of the wheel (you'll see lines where in touches the rotor), it works like a charm

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes the wheel's bearing needed to be re-packed. The front right wheel bearing was loosened somehow causing the car to make the god awful noise. :rolleye2:

·
Registered
112 Posts
both front wheel bearings got bad on mine to the point where the mechanic is having a hard time removing the old ones. The old ones have expanded/worn out so much that it's frozen. He doesn't have the equipment at his shop to remove the old ones, but hopefully, by monday, he can get the old ones out and new ones in. In the meantime, I am driving an '06 Sienna.... I sure do miss my Accord :(

*update* I got my car back last night. Sure is a lot quieter, and the ride is so much smoother.

·
Registered
73 Posts
funny tid bit, when the wheel bearing was going out on my 89 Legend Coupe, my friend said it reminded him of a pod racer from star wars.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts