Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about purchasing this mod but am afraid
of the inside cabin noise. Can somone with J-pipes please record
a sound clip of there car at cruising speed? And maybe with the
pedal down hehe

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
does the J-Pipe really make the noise? i thought it was the cat-backs and custom setups that some people were throwing on after... :confused:

i thought the jpipe was just for better air flow, and didnt produce noise... but i guess im wrong

·
can't go lower...FML
2,125 Posts
it all depends on your exhaust. my inside wasn't as loud but outside it was freakishly loud. i've hear that some people, outside isn't as loud but the inside is.

·
Registered
100 Posts
yeah.. for me outside isnt that loud but the inside is freakishly loud (the power is amazin top end though)... im thinking of going back to stock cuz its so loud inside...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yo guys

where can you get j pipes......... and how much are they?

i thought the j pipe got rid of the cats on the manafold and the only 1 left is under the car?

do you guys with j pipes loose much bottom end

Ryder

·
Registered
355 Posts
I don't understand what a J-pipe is exactly.....I never heard of anyone doing it on 6th gen Accords..only you 7th gen people....can someone let me know what the J-pipe set-up is....

my GUESS is that it is TRUE duals...meaning from the headers it starts off as two separate exhaus pipes instead of like collecting into one pipe immediately....and for you single exhaust people it probably collects back into a single and exist out, and dual people it stays the same all the way through

hrrrmmm....yeah someone let me know so I won't be ignorant when someone asks me about this...haha

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
Wht2kAccord said:
I don't understand what a J-pipe is exactly.....I never heard of anyone doing it on 6th gen Accords..only you 7th gen people....can someone let me know what the J-pipe set-up is....

my GUESS is that it is TRUE duals...meaning from the headers it starts off as two separate exhaus pipes instead of like collecting into one pipe immediately....and for you single exhaust people it probably collects back into a single and exist out, and dual people it stays the same all the way through

hrrrmmm....yeah someone let me know so I won't be ignorant when someone asks me about this...haha

see why you never heard of it on 6th gens was because the 6th gen could put headers on...because of the way they designed our engines with the cats on the block and everything cast together we can' t put on headers....the j pipe refers to the fairly restrictive piping that connects to the bottom of the cats and goes into one for the exhaust...people are putting on new of these so that they are not as restrictive as the ones that came on the car...so the flow is better..

·
N_Patel77
196 Posts
smokin6speed said:
see why you never heard of it on 6th gens was because the 6th gen could put headers on...because of the way they designed our engines with the cats on the block and everything cast together we can' t put on headers....the j pipe refers to the fairly restrictive piping that connects to the bottom of the cats and goes into one for the exhaust...people are putting on new of these so that they are not as restrictive as the ones that came on the car...so the flow is better..

is it legal./? any problem with smog & so forth.....where can u get one or is it have to be custom made and around how much..??

·
Registered
147 Posts
N_Patel77 said:
is it legal./? any problem with smog & so forth.....where can u get one or is it have to be custom made and around how much..??
Why wouldn't they be legal? If you read the description of what a J-pipe is, you will see that you're not replacing mufflers or anything of that kind. You're enlarging and/or unbending (to a degree) an empty pipe.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts