Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was at the dealer the other day, test driving the accord hybrid sedan for my mom, eh i don't know i think she might buy one that's why, anyways....in the spare tire area of the hybrid there wasn't a spare tire in there, there was some sort of kit, with like a pump or something, didn't ask much about it cept if it could fit the coupe and the dealer dude said he didn't know, so yea here i am askin if anyone knows. it'd be nice to get rid of that spare tire and MAYBE spare some weight....what do you guys think.

·
863 Posts
I don't see why it wouldn't fit, but I don't know if its worth the weight saving. I've already had two tires hit some major road debris, and slash the tire badly in a way that if I didn't have a spare wheel, well, i'd be screwed. I'd just take the spare out when going to the track/etc. Then again, maybe the freeways in Northern Cali are kept cleaner than here in southern....

Tirerack sells something similar: http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/conticomfortkit/index.jsp

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
alota new cars dont have spare tires anymore...i know SOME new benz's just come with a can of Fix-a-flat.

·
Registered
760 Posts
"Less sun and storage. No sunroofs allowed, because when it came down to crunch time, the Accord Hybrid was on the verge of being bumped up another EPA weight class and something had to go. The space-saver spare is another casualty; instead, buyers get a tiny air compressor and a can of tire sealant. Trunk volume is reduced but only by 18.6 percent; it's to make room for the battery pack, a slab that nests vertically against the rear seatback. You do lose the ability to fold the seat down."

-R&T Dec. 2004

·
the tooth
307 Posts
The fix-a-flat and its type of sealants have proven to corrode our aluminum wheels so probably not a brilliant idea.

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
Run Flats are expensive and more often than not, poor performers :(

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
theyre a good idea for the average driver. my mom once drove on a flat for a whole day, then complained to me over the phone that the car felt "bumpy" and made a weird noise.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Well the hybrid had to lose the spare to gain the battery for the hybrid engine. But if I had the choice, I'd keep my spare for now.

Maybe if someone made a custom sub box for the spare tire well then that would be a good alternative to a spare tire.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I just bought the Inflate n seal.

Inflate n seal

I was gonna get rid of my spare and just use this, but it dosen't fix sidewall punctures, so I am keeping the spare and also have this as a easy fix for most punctures. I just put in the spare wheel well. It is compact and fits inside of the spare.

·
Stalls @ every light
586 Posts
I've got that kit sitting in my storage shed! As soon as I could get the actual spare tire kit, I bought one. Both foam tubs and all parts fit in the spare tire well. There is no reason to think the hybrid kit would not fit in a standard Accord. I don't recommend it though! I don't think the small weight savings is worth the potential hassle. IMHO.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts