Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this question might be dumb to some, but here it goes. Would my spare tire still work with my 20's. I think it may, but the car will tilt A LOT. If not, then i might as well just take it out and lose the weight. Thank you :confused:

·
Registered
763 Posts
why wouldn't you be able to use the spare tire? The idea behind getting bigger wheels is to keep the stock overall diameter the same. If you get bigger rims you should get thinner tires. The results will be the same if you had your stock rims on.
The only thing that may prevent you from using the spare is if your car has a big drop and you have a body kit.

*edit* i just saw pics of your car, the overall diameter looks like it got bigger. What size tires do you have on them? Either way I think you should be ok to use the spare.

·
Registered
370 Posts
lazybum said:
why wouldn't you be able to use the spare tire? The idea behind getting bigger wheels is to keep the stock overall diameter the same. If you get bigger rims you should get thinner tires. The results will be the same if you had your stock rims on.
The only thing that may prevent you from using the spare is if your car has a big drop and you have a body kit.

*edit* i just saw pics of your car, the overall diameter looks like it got bigger. What size tires do you have on them? Either way I think you should be ok to use the spare.

:iagree: If u did go and change ur overall diameter ur speedo should be outta wack too...

·
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto
3,545 Posts
IvtecV6_ACCORD said:
If u did go and change ur overall diameter ur speedo should be outta wack too...
And if the diameter changes too much (somebody here said the tolerance was 5%, but idk), the operation/function of the ABS and the TCS systems are also affected.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts