Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mirage Representative
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to make my spark plug wires prettier? The 98-99 models had a much nicer set of wires, rather than the taped up all in one, then split into three, wires I'm stuck with on my '00. Here's a picture to illustrate what I mean:

If you check out Aznfunkyflips featured ride, you can see that even he has the funky kind... just that he kept the black "guide" thing on his. I don't want the black guide thing on mine though.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Not really your kind of stuck with what ya got unless you get some colored zip tubing but the looks like crap most of the time too. I know they make colored electrical tape if you want to go that route. But i think you better off just leaving it alone. Atleast us 98-99 owners can get diff color wires.

·
MARTIN
1,411 Posts
What happened to your engine covers? They actually make the engine bay look A LOT better, and you wouldn't notice the plug wires that much.

·
xXxCLS bOoStEdXxX
7,741 Posts
TRUV6 said:
What happened to your engine covers? They actually make the engine bay look A LOT better, and you wouldn't notice the plug wires that much.

agreed. It doesnt look right without the covers.

·
Mirage Representative
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took the covers off because they're dead weight and trap heat in, not much dead weight, but dead weight nonetheless. I like the "raw" look of the engine without the covers, it looks like a Taurus SHO manifold... only it's missing the secondaries.

Aznfunkyflip said he got some kind of hose/wire covers for his that had a slice through the middle going lengthwise, and just put that over the wires to make them look better. I guess I'm going to have to try that. I swear, I totally bought the worst year 6th Gen. 2000 had the crappy ignition system of the 01-02, but not the cool body kit look. It's like I lost out on two things.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts