Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a DIY guide for installing the Front ( 6 1/2) and Back (6X9) Speakers for our car? Also what level of difficulty is this? I am debating whether or not just to have it done professionally?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Jdub said:
Does anyone have a DIY guide for installing the Front ( 6 1/2) and Back (6X9) Speakers for our car? Also what level of difficulty is this? I am debating whether or not just to have it done professionally?
I had mine professionally installed, and I regret it. After that I helped my buddie install his sterio in his 1998 Neon, and then we did my brothers 1991 Camry and it is very simple and straight forward. Just for out cars, I wouldnt be able to tell you how to pull off the door panels, but I imagine it isnt hard.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Doors:

1. Remove the screw in the handle and the one in the window switch tray
2. Slide the door handle towards the mirror
3. Pull up on the window switch console and remove the connections
4. Pull off the triangular plastic piece by the mirror
5. Pull off the plastic pin below the triangular piece
6. Remove the door panel clips, start at the bottom, pry and work your way around. I used a flat head screw driver wrapped in tape.
7. Lift the door panel vertically and slide the door handle out
8. Remove the door light in the lower corner (at the bottom, opposite side of the mirror)
9. Unscrew and remove speaker

Rear deck:
1. In the truck, there are two screws for each plastic cover, unscrew them
2. Pull the plastic cover off, revealing the speakers
3. Unscrew and remove the speaker (the rear screws are a PITA because of the clearance between the speaker and rear glass)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!
Thats sounds simple enough. What about connecting the new speakers? how do you connect them so they are powered through the amp? or do you suggested powering them through the HU?

·
Registered
80 Posts
To connect the speakers you can either splice into the harness that is attached to the car or you can buy an adapter harness to connect to the OEM plug.

·
Registered
805 Posts
i did my own install. with infinity components.. and it wasnt hard. took a lil while but its no big deal. if your a little handy , have some tools, and feel confortable messing with wires, go for it. if you dont, go to have it done.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That’s an excellent tutorial. I definitely think I will try this. Best buy wants $80 for all 4 speakers.....sounds like a rip off! What about the back speakers? (6x9) is their any DIY for those....I heard they are a little more tricky to replace?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Icedragon said:
3. Unscrew and remove the speaker (the rear screws are a PITA because of the clearance between the speaker and rear glass)
I went into the trunk and used pliers to twist the screws out from the bottom. Worked well, and is much easier than using a screw driver.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Jdub said:
That’s an excellent tutorial. I definitely think I will try this. Best buy wants $80 for all 4 speakers.....sounds like a rip off! What about the back speakers? (6x9) is their any DIY for those....I heard they are a little more tricky to replace?
You can definitely DIY this, its not too difficult, you can even get speaker harnesses to plug into the OEM speaker plugs.

However, if you break something or punch a hole in one of the speakers, you have to eat the cost for repair. If Best Buy breaks something, THEY get to fix it for you, plus they have warranties on the install and warranties you can buy for the speakers in case you blow them. 2hrs and you're on your merry way. Up to you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts