Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Not An Ashtray
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like my car's stero just completely lacks midrange; the bass is nice (and makes my driver's side door lock vibrate) and the treble is decent, as well. Has anyone done any upgrades to the speakers alone that are worthy?

·
Registered
9 Posts
imho, i think the system is pretty good except the back speakers. They are to low and to much like subs, but obviously not. I took them out and put in a better pair of speakers in the back. i left the door speakers and tweeter and hooked 2 decent sized subs in the truck. i didnt want it to sound crazy but just crisp and clear. i recommended doing this. changing the driver doors will enhance the sound but that cost more money than necessary.

·
I <3 my Honda
215 Posts
one of my door speakers is blown.. what would be a good aftermarket speaker to install in the doors?

I've always been happy with Alpine for door speakers
These are Alpine Type-S 6.5" speakers. You can probably find them on ebay for under $100 for the pair. Product code is SPS-17C2

If you want more sound, you can go for the Type-R's:
They're a bit more expensive, but again, if you look for them on ebay you'll prob get them at a good price. Product number SPR-17C

Or if you really want good sound, do what I did. Get components ;)

·
7th Gen ACcord
3,671 Posts
To the thread starter, what is your budget? if you really want mids, i recommend getting an amp with the speakers and sound deadening the doors. the sound deadener will make a big difference with the midbass.

These are Alpine Type-S 6.5" speakers. You can probably find them on ebay for under $100 for the pair. Product code is SPS-17C2

They're a bit more expensive, but again, if you look for them on ebay you'll prob get them at a good price. Product number SPR-17C

i wouldnt recommend the type r unless you're going to power them with an amp.

·
Registered
127 Posts

When you install component speakers can you replace your stock tweeters with the new ones or do you have to drill a new hole for them?

·
Professional Idiot
21 Posts
For the price its really hard to beat Phoenix Gold RSD's or if your budget is a little larger the Pioneer PRS are a great speaker.

·
Registered
17 Posts
imo go to audio store or store that have speakers you can test, listen to them and see what you like. then go look online for deals.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts