Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just started my audio system upgrade, and my 6x9 infinities will not clear the trunk torsion bar . . . I was wondering if some of you had the same issue and could elaborate on what you did. Getting new speakers is not an option, I really want to make these fit.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think im gonna need like a cm of elevation, spacers can add that much? And can i find them in pep boys, cuz i really don't know of many car audio places around me.

·
Nothing special
838 Posts
The problem with spacers is that, they sit the speaker to high for the stock cover to clear them. I had the same trouble and ended up returning the speakers and trading for a shallower pair.

·
I Jumped Off Da Bandwagon
2,204 Posts
i have the infinity 6x9s as well. the only problem was the stock grill doesn't fit correctly. I had to cut the plastic that was causing the problem. It still doesn't fit, only one corner is sticking out, but i have tints so it doesn't show at all.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and more problems . . . I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to cut the sheet metal in the door panel so i can fit my 6.5 speaker?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts