Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
so JDM my blood's Type R
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, I was thinking of spraying my v6 6 speed. any suggestions with what kit I should go with? wet or dry? what is the safest shot I can go with 50? 75? Thanks

·
resident noob
480 Posts
this is just my opinion, but im pretty sure all cars can handle a 50 shot of nitrous. the only problem i foresee being an issue is if it is a automatic tranny, it may cause it to crap out if someone sprays often.

in your case, with a six speed, i think if you use it occasionally for some highway passing power or a little run through the gears everyonce in a while, youll be fine with a 50-75 shot kit if its installed properly

·
j35 psi 6sp
1,375 Posts
if i was going to spray it would def be a wet kit. and also be sure its installed and jetted properly or you will lean out and burn a piston. GL

·
cunning linguist
984 Posts
I have run the gas on a few cars now and definately consider myself 'informed'...

I'd say you are fine with a 75shot WET. Just put on a FPSS (Fuel pressure safety switch) and you should be fine. You'll have clutch isues if you spray out of the hole (and may need an LSD) - but from an internal engine point of view, most of the kits are jetted so genorously towards rich, so you should be fine.

I'd stick with NX if it were me.

·
hmmm what next?
2,785 Posts
just to give you a heads up with spray, your engine walls will be dry after every fire when you are spraying. this is not good for your engine so do not spray constantly my suggestion is to do it when you are racing only or just want to mess around for a second.

·
so JDM my blood's Type R
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all the replies. for sure i won't be spraying on a daily basis. maybe once a week. what other mods should i get before getting the spray kit. vtec controller? sparkplugs? etc. Thanks

·
cunning linguist
984 Posts
just to give you a heads up with spray, your engine walls will be dry after every fire when you are spraying. this is not good for your engine so do not spray constantly my suggestion is to do it when you are racing only or just want to mess around for a second.
What are you talking about? Cylinder walls dry? Below the rings should have a bit of oil as before (N20 won't change that) and above the rings shouldn't have any real moisture with N20 or without. That cylinders combustion cycle should have fixed that.

Definately do not spray constantly, but I hope no one is installing it to do that. At about $5 a lb there are WAY cheaper ways to make power if you need it all the time!

Also, I forgot to mention, do not spray on your stock or ANY platinum plug! You will melt/destroy the electrodes... Ask me how I know... That was the 1st N20 car and you pick up a few things along the way!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've never spayed my accord but I have had other n2o cars, your best bet is to go with 2 degree colder plugs with a wet kit, and an rpm window switch, personaly I always used the zex kit because it comes with the smart box. And do not spray in first , or off the line. My buddy had an 04 accord 6 speed and it blew up because he tryed to spay off the line, but he did manage to run a 150 shot for about 6 months, he just got stupid with it

·
hmmm what next?
2,785 Posts
What are you talking about? Cylinder walls dry? Below the rings should have a bit of oil as before (N20 won't change that) and above the rings shouldn't have any real moisture with N20 or without. That cylinders combustion cycle should have fixed that.
the NO2 burns so hot that is clears the cylinder walls of the film of oil thatcovers the walls until the cylinder goes back up which it starts to scratch the walls. look it up i am not speaking out of my azz.

·
Registered
33 Posts
^havent heard that but i know it leaves nitrogen bubbles or something in ur oil too after you spray thats not good for your engine and its recomended you change your oil more frequently

·
j35 psi 6sp
1,375 Posts
run 93 octane or higher, 2 steps colder on the plugs, and make sure its a jetted properly and you will be fine. i wouldnt excede 100 shot either.

·
resident noob
480 Posts
run 93 octane or higher, 2 steps colder on the plugs, and make sure its a jetted properly and you will be fine. i wouldnt excede 100 shot either.

with gas prices now adays, id be running premium no matter what. 10 extra hp with no mods ftw.

·
Registered
722 Posts
thanks for the info. i want to add a bottle but don't know enough yet to feel comfortable with the mod.
It will cost a little more, but you can find a shop that can install it for you, much less of a chance for things going wrong. When I lived in Miami, it seems like a common thing. I've seen a ford focus even a toyota tercel :confused: with a bottle. Just use it conservitavly and responsibly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts