Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
JDM FTW!!!11one!
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i search before posting on this topic, but really couldnt find any info. i wanted to know how much other 7th gen owners paid to have their springs and camber kit installed. looking for an idea to make sure i dont get stiffed. thanks!

·
Registered
151 Posts
For shocks/springs I have been quoted $85/$75 a corner at Big-O tires to $45/$40 a corner at my local tuner shop.

I'm pulling out my Eibach Pro's and having TEIN SS's installed this week for $1,156 total.

Good Luck!

·
6th gen
625 Posts
^Which shop in NorCal?

·
Registered
151 Posts
EXACT in Milpitas (408)416-0061 ask for Sandy or John, say Brad sent you. John has done excellent work on my car and at a fair price.

I just put down $500 for the TEIN's an hour ago.

·
JDM FTW!!!11one!
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i am doing just the springs and rear camber for now...im sure u can get a while out of the stock shocks untill i can get the money for them. i went to a local shop and they quoted me about $120 for everything. just want to know how much other 7 gen owners have paid for the install. any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
151 Posts
My Dad has a place in Florida, I love it there...and the shop prices!

I live in the heart of "Silicon Valley" where everything is expensive...a 1000 sq.ft. condo goes for $800,000...go figure....

·
The Originator
273 Posts
JBLAccord said:
i am doing just the springs and rear camber for now...im sure u can get a while out of the stock shocks untill i can get the money for them. i went to a local shop and they quoted me about $120 for everything. just want to know how much other 7 gen owners have paid for the install. any help is appreciated!

$120 for springs and camber???? And I thought I got a nice quote of $150 for just the springs.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I paid $100 and it took them 45 min.

·
Registered
355 Posts
oh my goodness....come to me...$50 and I will install your springs...and for the camber kit...10 bucks more

·
JDM FTW!!!11one!
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wow, so mi guessintg $120 is reasonable for the install. i think im going to go ahead with it by the end of this week. ill be sure to post pics and all that.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Wht2kAccord said:
oh my goodness....come to me...$50 and I will install your springs...and for the camber kit...10 bucks more
Is the camber kit hard to install? Me and my friends were able to do springs and the oem lip kit fairly easy so do you think we would be able to handle this?

·
The Originator
273 Posts
How hard is it to install the springs, if you have all the right tools (compressor)?

·
Hella Functional
4,960 Posts
2 large pizzas and a 6 pack of beer.

Find a local member to do it for u

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
DV8 said:
2 large pizzas and a 6 pack of beer.

Find a local member to do it for u
hey do you know how to do it? im going to need my konis, s-techs, camber, and sway installed. my friends can do it but they have busy schedules, ill compensate you!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Brad said:
For shocks/springs I have been quoted $85/$75 a corner at Big-O tires to $45/$40 a corner at my local tuner shop.

I'm pulling out my Eibach Pro's and having TEIN SS's installed this week for $1,156 total.

Good Luck!
that's total price including the TEIN SS coilovers? where did you get the coilovers? does it have pillowball uppper mount?

·
Hella Functional
4,960 Posts
Raddy21 said:
hey do you know how to do it? im going to need my konis, s-techs, camber, and sway installed. my friends can do it but they have busy schedules, ill compensate you!

i can do it, but i'm located in blacksburg, Virginia(I go to school at VT). and i don't have any tools down here, all the tools i have is at home.

So if ur in the area, i'll be glad to do it for you. Just buy me some food and we'll call it even.

I'm not sure how to do camber or sway, so u may have to get someone else to do that for you. I mean, i can probably figure camber out, but sway bar may need an air tool, i'm not too sure.

·
Hella Functional
4,960 Posts
oh yea, raddy, u refering to rear or front?

Also, I would post in the regional forums too, there may be someone that's closer that's willing to help you out.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Brad said:

Good Luck!
Brad it seriously costed you only $45/$40 at the Milpitas shop? I definitely gotta go there then when I get my S-techs and camber kit

·
Registered
151 Posts
Assassin said:
Brad it seriously costed you only $45/$40 at the Milpitas shop? I definitely gotta go there then when I get my S-techs and camber kit

Assassin,

Yes, if you buy the parts from them their install price is really good, which, when I added in tax, shipping and hassles, turned out to be a great deal.

As a matter of fact my car is there right now having the TEIN SS's put on.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts