Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah I tried installing the eibach prokit on my car today. The front shocks went in alright, but the rear was a *****. I can't take off the bolt on my rear shocks. They designed it really dumb. They have this bushing that prevents the bolt from coming out. I tried using a 1000 psi torque wrench to take it off, but it was a no go. Has anyone else have this problem when they tried installing their springs? Or does anyone know how to take it off?

·
bryan <3's bomex
6,071 Posts
before you do anything, buy a spare one. chances are it is cold hardened and when you take it off its gonna seize and break in half. this has happened numerous times with the 5th gen. my friend's cousin couldnt get one of the rear ones out, so what he did was torch the part of the strut thats connected to it until it fell off. i also heard that you can spray alot of wd-40 on it and leave it overnight and it will come off the next morning. hope that helps

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh ok cool thanks. Yeah my uncle was helping me take it off before. He said he'll help me call honda and see how to take it off, and how much the extra parts are gonna cost

·
Shifting 5 Gears Baby !!
999 Posts
just let the car thaw out in a heated garage ...
go pay for parking somewhere with a garage door
leave the car sit there for 5-8 hours
then go back home and it'll be fine ;)

it's the cold

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
****, my uncle helped me call honda today, and the guy said that I have to replace the entire spindle (dunno what this part is) for each side, and that's gonna cost me $350 canadain per side!! That's bull ****!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no just installing the springs for now. I'm gonna replace the shocks later on when I save up some more money. I was thinking of getting a set of Tokico blues.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I had the same problem. My last resort was to burn the bushing and then cut the nut in half. Then I drilled out the remainder. I had to purchase a new bushing and a new bolt. The bushing is pressed in, but a hammer can get it in and out easy. The bushing is like $25 and the bolt is like $2.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
25 bucks eh? That's a reasonable price. I dunno what the guy at Acura told my uncle about replacing the entire spindle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts