Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where i could get the 17x7.5 SSR GT1's for cheap either online or local. I live in SoCal, orange county to be specific, and wouldnt mind driving to LA. I know www.tirerack.com sells SSR GT1's and they are actually on sale at the moment. But what i want to know is that is there any other place online or local that sells them for really cheap.

I need new tires(going bald) and i decided that i should just get news rims and tires. so please help me out.

thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
How much are they on sale for at tirerack? I was looking into getting these same rims.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$299 each for the 17" rims

·
Registered
27 Posts
Oh i didnt see that you where getting 17's. Im looking into getting the 18's but tirerack sasy I cant go with 40 series tires cause the load rating 1235 lbs and our car reccomends a load rating of 1301 lbs. But I know hundreds of people who do this, I wonder if this is jsut BS to up sell me a more expensive tire.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow never really thought of that. i was going to get the 18" rims but i decided to get 17" because i didnt want to go thru tires like water and also ive heard that the rider quality is a lot better than 18" (i.e. lighter=faster, handling a lot better, cornering) so i decided to go with 17"

·
Registered
330 Posts
$299 for a 17" wheel aint bad

there are others though- check out the asa wl5 wheels

i think they're like 180 a piece

the superleggeras im lookin at are 280 a piece- and its a pretty good wheel (17 by 8)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Btw wouldnt 40 series tires mess up your speedometer- i think you need 50 series with 17 45 series with 18

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have my SSR GT-1 from tirerack with tire.. 1 set, 215/45/18.. loading rate is about 1275lb.. I think...... and now, running 225/40/18.. loading rate 1235lb..... I couldn't figure out the recommand loading rate for our car. But I hardly have car fully loaded with passengers... so I guess it's okay.. 2 yr now, rim in good shape, tire no problem.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have my SSR GT-1 from tirerack with tire.. 1 set, 215/45/18.. loading rate is about 1275lb.. I think...... and now, running 225/40/18.. loading rate 1235lb..... I couldn't figure out the recommand loading rate for our car. But I hardly have car fully loaded with passengers... so I guess it's okay.. 2 yr now, rim in good shape, tire no problem.
:werd:
I think tirerack is just trying to cover there a$$'s . I even told them to sell me the wheels alone and I'd buy my own tires and they wouldnt sell them to me, cause they knew I was gonna put 40's on them. I told them to keep there wheels and I ordered a set of Racing Hart CR's from discount tire. They had no prob with sellin me 40's

·
Registered
27 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts