Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what makes a car so smooth that even when you are driving fast you just can't feel it? Like a BMW or Benz? How can i modify my 05 coupe so that it feels tht way, will sports suspension do the trick?

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
its the shocks and all kinds of shizz dood, BMW got this high tech electronic stuff on their suspensions I think... or is that Audi? Something about FSD... Anyways, those technologies arent carried over into Honda's or even on aftermarket stuff

It's that time again, where I need to go to sleep....

:zzz:

·
Registered
154 Posts
you will NEVER get BMW, Benz, or Audi type of suspension on a Honda. They are made for perfromance and luxury feel. Honda are just fuel economy and fake luxury.

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
european suspension is, generally speaking, much more complicated than our accord suspensions. many luxury cars actually use some form of electronically controlled AIR suspension.

u can mimic the feel of smoothness on the freeway if u simply get springs with a LOWER spring rate, instead of a higher spring rate. this will smooth things out, but it will also have a detrimental impact on the handling abilities of your car.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Probably the best and smoothest suspension is the factory suspension. All the aftermarket stuff is either pretty stiff or bouncy, this is your best bet if you want a smooth ride!

·
Registered
436 Posts
imagohp said:
I was just wondering what makes a car so smooth that even when you are driving fast you just can't feel it? Like a BMW or Benz? How can i modify my 05 coupe so that it feels tht way, will sports suspension do the trick?
Your '05 coup is feels tighter than my '00. You should drive a 6th gen then you'll appreciate your 7th more as it is.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can HFP suspension do the trick or will it make it worse?

·
Registered
813 Posts
From what ive heard HFP is not as good as the stock ride, but probably is the closest! But im pretty sure it will be a little more rough. It depends what you want to do if you are wanting to lower your car you will have to make the sacrifice of a different ride. I have the Tein Basics and they are a little more stiffer than stock but is still a pretty good ride, but im sure that the HFP is probably better!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts