Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
6MT
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Retrofit :D ***70% COMPLETE***

So far... I have accumulated the supplies and parts. Still waiting for Spring Break to roll around so I can have some time to fully finish the project.

Anyways... heres my setup:

Audi RS6 BiXenon Projectors
E46 M3 Shrouds
Philips 4300k bulbs
Hella Ballasts (really thin one)

Waiting on my friend to build me my custom wire harness and lending me a dremel.

Currently blackhousing the headlights, and omg it looks hott :D
Just taking a break from beathin the fumes... or i'll pass out.

Sorry for the bad quality pix... I dont have a camera rite now so I'm using my phone:

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
havent heard of those bixenons before. are you a member of hidplanet or something?

so what do you plan on doing with the high beam area now? im thinking that you could dedicate it to a DRL circuit =) i think that HID highbeam going on at the same time as halogens would look pretty weird, but its up to you.

whats up with the black strip on the amber reflector? imo, looks MUCH better stock.

gl with the retro! keep us posted with pics

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have the same projectors so good luck with your project. It is a hell of lot easier to mount them onto your headlights then it is with the 6th gen headlights. Hope everything turns out good.

·
Registered
216 Posts
SlayerGTR said:
any tips for mounting the projectors? so the aim is --------------------------- not tilted?

Why would you want them to be --------------------------- they should be _________/------------
as to not blind oncoming traffic which is why the left side is slightly lowered.

If i did get what you were saying my apologies.

·
7th Gen ACcord
3,671 Posts
SlayerGTR said:
any tips for mounting the projectors? so the aim is --------------------------- not tilted?
got the reflector and drill the holes and mount the projectors. then mount the headlights on the car and aim em.

·
6MT
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
UPDATE:

Painted shroulds, painted housing, and hole is cut. Probably gonna finish 2morrow or somethin :eek: oh em gee i can see now at night lol

Pix shall be posted after I get a camera 2morrow.

PS: I hit 10000 miles 2nite :D

·
6MT
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i'm gonna epoxy it, since my projectors the Audi RS6 ones, it has a black block under the projectors so i can use that to help secure it onto the housing. Gonna have to go build my custom wire harness 2morrow and buy some other supplies such as epoxy. So far, things are lookin good, jus gotta finish sanding down the housing. :)

·
I Jumped Off Da Bandwagon
2,204 Posts
Lookin' good but whats up with the strip on the reflector? Either paint it all or not at all imo.

·
6MT
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Took out the projector that were previously mounted w/ epoxy. Glue just isn't cuttin it as for mounting / aiming adjustments. Heres some more pix of the project. One headlight down, one more to go. Car is technically drivable rite now.... jus one headlight workin other one empty, and no bumper :confused:

My friend helped me out w/ a lot of this retro. Wiring, harness, and a lot of the cutting. This project could not have been done without his help.

We also got the calipers painted too before working on the headlights. Heres just some random shots:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts