Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
My accord came with a leather steering wheel but I bought an OEM leather steering wheel cover identical to the one in the pic for my civic and I am very happy with it. Its been on for over 5 years now and it still looks perfect.

Be sure to take your time when threading on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mattgecko said:
My accord came with a leather steering wheel but I bought an OEM leather steering wheel cover identical to the one in the pic for my civic and I am very happy with it. Its been on for over 5 years now and it still looks perfect.

Be sure to take your time when threading on.
Hi

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mike686 said:
I just ordered one since my LX didn't come with the leather steering wheel. I'll post pics when I install it.
Thank-you Mike

I have the exl, but the steering is more like hard rubber ,not like the one in a Maxima.
Later. :D

·
Registered
813 Posts
Have fun with the install it takes about an hour and you better be good with a needle and thread! The cover is a good idea i bought it because after a while the leather on the top of the steering wheel will start to wear and fade.

·
Registered
406 Posts
... don't take it the wrong way perhaps it was the installer's fault but I've seen many Hondas with these leather steering wheel covers and they looked like crap. Since you have to 'sew' it, it's not as tight as you think. I don't know, perhaps it was the installer, I never saw it done in person just the final product. I wouldn't get it done to mine, it didn't look too good

Edit: The areas that weren't flush/tight were always those places where you can't sew, for instance in the upper pic, the 3 areas (one on each side of the controls and the bottom).

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm thinking about getting one for my 07 Coupe LX. It's on sale at H and A Accessories for $32 now:

Anyone know if the leather has to be pulled really tight? And if needle is pointy? It would sucky if the you accidentally nick or damage the rubber on the steering wheel with the pointy needle ...!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts