Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, are there any options of installing a newer steering wheel from a newer accord on my 04' while still having all the steering controls function correctly? I have how big mine is and want to take the one outta my 12' but the wife wont let me, lol.:D

·
Calm like a bomb
356 Posts
This appears to be a dead thread -_- Ihave been wanting to do the same exact thing. It is definitely possible but due to adapters that might be required it might look like ****. I love the look and feel of the wheels in the new accords. Right size right grip and thickness and if you got one in the hands of NVA-AV6 from what I've seen, it could happen.

·
Sosi baklazhani bydlo
710 Posts
It can be done with some wiring work. Ive seen Rsx-S wheels, TL wheels, TLS wheels in these cars. Besides messing with the airbag wiring, this isn't a hard thing to accomplish.

·
Registered
390 Posts
what year Steering Wheel? i'm thinking your wanting something off a 8th-9th gen.?

i was just looking to upgrade just the Buttons but most places want you to purchase the whole Steering Wheel. just wanting the Two Tone look like the TSX:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Just get an aftermarket wheel ;)
i like my steering wheel controls and cruise controls on the wheel and most important having a airbag

only way i ever even consider getting an aftermarket steering wheel w/out airbag is buy a racing seat that will then properly fit a Racing harness

My step father has a 2013 accord v6 touring edition. I want to swipe his seats and his steering wheel.
what's he gonna say when he's missing a Steering Wheel and Seats?

seriously, whats going back into the 2013 or are you on a mission to piss off your step dad?

·
Calm like a bomb
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevilKnievel View Post
My step father has a 2013 accord v6 touring edition. I want to swipe his seats and his steering wheel.
what's he gonna say when he's missing a Steering Wheel and Seats?

seriously, whats going back into the 2013 or are you on a mission to piss off your step dad?
Maybe he wont notice? lol. I want to know if that is a do-able swap or if it would require heavy modifications. I do not want to cut the car up too much. So if it's do-able I can hopefully find a wrecked one in the boneyard.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Maybe he wont notice? lol. I want to know if that is a do-able swap or if it would require heavy modifications. I do not want to cut the car up too much. So if it's do-able I can hopefully find a wrecked one in the boneyard.
in theory anything is doable but an aftermarket Steering Wheel would be easier simply because you wouldn't have to deal with the Airbag but would then have to deal w/buying a proper racing seat that will fit a 4 or 5 point harness for safety

2013 being 2 Generations newer, the electrical system is probably completely different and biggest hurdle would be making sure the Airbag will deploy properly if god forbid, its ever needed

could also possibly swap out existing Airbag into the new Steering Wheel and probably a lot easier and safer this way

·
Registered
96 Posts
Messing with different generation airbags is not cool.

I Remeber a write up to put an rsx wheel and airbag into civics and integras. Some of the wiring modifications included in the write up were how to turn the airbag warning light off.

Iirc the rsx airbag was two stage deployment and not at all compatible with the previous generations. Just get an aftermarket one of looks matter

·
Calm like a bomb
356 Posts
I'm not interested in any of the aftermarket stuff I've seen. Will the 7th gen airbag fit properly into the 8th or 9th wheel? I like that Acura wheel but it is just the same thing with different trim. I'm looking for smaller circumference (wheel) and larger diameter (grip), like the 9th gen.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I'm looking for smaller circumference (wheel) and larger diameter (grip), like the 9th gen.
smaller circumference may be a bigger problem than diameter (grip)

i've got a perforated Leather Steering Wheel cover and it fits much better than those Universal Steering Wheel covers you just slip on:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts