Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 1999 Honda Accord V6 Coupe. Now the issue I seem to be having is with the stock CD player (single). What is the problem with CD-Rs??? I mean the CD player seeks continuously for some CDs while others it works right off the bat.

My questions are as follows:
1) Is this normal?
2) Anyone find any solution for this?

Thanks
Allan

·
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3
4,271 Posts
Hmm, I've never had any trouble playing CD-Rs in my headunit. Maybe Honda upgraded the '01-'02 HU to play CD-Rs? CD-RWs on the other hand will not play at all but I can accept that.

·
Your V12, My V-twin.
3,851 Posts
my 2000 coupe's stock CD player wouldn't play most burned CD-R's, but my 2000 sedan's stock CD player would play all the CD-R's i made.

I noticed that besides some minor overall differences if you take it apart, the way you can tell visibly is that the coupe's unit had "T-01" for the track numbers and the sedan's had "01" for its track numbers without the T.

it should just be regular. sorry it doesn't work. i just went ahead and swapped the head units for a couple of months, but it still didn't give out any great output for the amp+subs; now i bought my pioneer which can play rw's, mp3's, etc.

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
Hmm, I've never had any trouble playing CD-Rs in my headunit. Maybe Honda upgraded the '01-'02 HU to play CD-Rs? CD-RWs on the other hand will not play at all but I can accept that.
Yup Honda got the radio's for 01 and 02 to play CD-R's. I switched my 99 HU out for a 01-02 because of this. I also wanted the 6 disc in dash CD changer and tape player (for MP3 player input).

It looks really good in my car :D :

·
1,083 Posts

it should just be regular. sorry it doesn't work. i just went ahead and swapped the head units for a couple of months, but it still didn't give out any great output for the amp+subs; now i bought my pioneer which can play rw's, mp3's, etc.
didn't you told me that you took your dad's accord head unit :laugh:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
i noticed my 00 coupe will play CDRs that are copied from a real CD, BUT when i try and play CDRs that are DLed MP3s then convert them i have that same reading problem. It will read, it just take 10 minutes!!! I made it all the way to work one day w/out the song even startin :confused:

·
Phi Kappa Sigma "Skulls"
500 Posts

·
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3
4,271 Posts
Yup Honda got the radio's for 01 and 02 to play CD-R's. I switched my 99 HU out for a 01-02 because of this. I also wanted the 6 disc in dash CD changer and tape player (for MP3 player input).

It looks really good in my car :D :
Nice. I like my '01-'02 HU. Having a 6CD changer and cassette player in one unit kicks ass. The older ones were kind of lame because they were double-DIN but they were single cd only:(

I like your wood trim kit, it's much better than mine. I ordered the part around the HVAC controls after I bought my car and I was not thrilled with it. It has sharp edges around the radio whereas yours goes in smoothly around the radio and vents. They must've cheapened the design in recent years:mad:

·
Registered
601 Posts
My 00 sedan wouldn't play CD's all the time either, then I got one from an 01 Accord. Some it would play, other it wouldn't. Like someone said earlier. YOu need to use the Memorex Disks that are for music, and I burned mine at 24x and haven't had any problems with play back.

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
I like your wood trim kit, it's much better than mine. I ordered the part around the HVAC controls after I bought my car and I was not thrilled with it. It has sharp edges around the radio whereas yours goes in smoothly around the radio and vents. They must've cheapened the design in recent years:mad:
They changed the dash panel itself on the 01-02. The HVAC controls are different and so is the clock. Well to make you feel better that panel was a pain in the a$$ to get it on there. But well worth it :D .

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Done and Done.

Pioneer Premier DEH-P850MP purchased and custom installed. Will post pics and detailed instructions on making the steering wheel control look stock.

AJ

1 - 19 of 19 Posts