Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night my stereo started acting weird, its working, playing the CD, display is ok but the speakers give sound for 2 seconds and then becomes silent. I took it to a Honda dealership, they told me that it could be because of the AMP/sub that I have and they will have to send it to Honda for a diagnostic. If they find that its a defect, they will fix it or replace it under warranty but if they find that its because of the amp(which Iam pretty sure they will try) then i will have to pay like 500 bucks for all that. The amp doesnt even get anything from the stereo directly, its getting signals from the rear speakers by a converter.

Has anyone been through this, any suggestions or advices PLEASE.

·
Registered
450 Posts
just to let you know.. 100% they WILL blame it on your amp.. regardless of whatever the cause may be.

100%. you should have just uninstalled the sub and amp BEFORE you went to the stealership so this way they wouldnt know. sure it's a hassle but it would be worth saving the 500 dollars.

not smart imo.

good luck

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ok reading this thread helped me out, my passenger side door speaker was making a static sound for 2 seconds before the system goes silent so I took it out, taped the connectors and it works perfectly fine. I guess when there is a short in the wire somewhere, the HU goes to a safe mode cutting all sounds.

PROBLEM SOLVED IN LESS THAN 15 MINUTES :WOOT:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts