Accord V6 Forum banner

Ok everyone... Gloss Black or Hyper Silver?

• Gloss Black

Votes: 21 75.0%
  • Hyper Silver

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... I finally made up my mind... Kind of. I am still leaning towards Gloss Black... But just for a final attempt, I'm gonna re-do the poll... everyone get in their last votes.. I am gonna order them soon. I appreciate all of your votes and opinions. Help me out guys!

Here are some final pictures of the wheels by themselves and on the car. Help me pick decide!:D

Please Guys... HELP ME OUT!!! I'm going CRAZY!

·
I Jumped Off Da Bandwagon
2,204 Posts
Hmmmm.. i'm going krazy helping you decide too....i toss a coin and gloss black won hahaha.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Gloss black.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hongda said:
Hmmmm.. i'm going krazy helping you decide too....i toss a coin and gloss black won hahaha.
Ha Ha.. sorry about that man.. but I appreciate the help :D

·
Registered
763 Posts
I doubt you'll have a lip like the ones in the pictures, i believe those wheels are wide and have a low offset. But those rims are still nice. Work and PIAA have wheels like them as well.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
lazybum said:
I doubt you'll have a lip like the ones in the pictures, i believe those wheels are wide and have a low offset. But those rims are still nice. Work and PIAA have wheels like them as well.
Actually.. the 19x8.5's have a 2.5" lip with a +45 offset. They design their wheels to have the maximum lip available to fit all aplications. If you look closely, you can hoow the spokes actually curve back in after the mounting point.. to give the illusion of a deep lip. Here's another shot:

Here's a link to a website that carries them: http://www.1010tires.com/wheel.asp?wheelbrand=Stern&wheelmodel=ST-1+Face+III+Beast+-+Hyper+Black

I just noticed... they also make a 19x9.5" with a 48 offset.. if the fronts were 19x8.5" with +45 and rear was 19x9.5" +48 could we run staggared wheels on our cars? This might be cool... :angel:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Dammit.. I just used their wheel offset calculator.. and it looks like the rear wheels would stick out an extra 10mm :( Is that too much? I could be wrong, but I think that's less than a quarter inch ( 0.394" to be exact)? anyone know how close that would be to the fenderwall?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Deepa said:
is that price per wheel on that site?
Yeah.. per wheel. I am getting them through my friend's shop for just under 1,000 shipped... then the tires are probably gonna run me another 400-500... so around 1,500 total. Not bad considering. :D

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
GLOSS BLACK no doubt, if thats your car i think they would go great kuz you got the silver/black theme going, and well it keeps going w/ gloss BLACK and non-black lip.

great choice either way tho :up:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
AxisAccord said:
black

but black is getting way to popular. I liked it before where if you got black rims you where different. But now it becoming all the same.
That's the only thing I'm worried about... but if that happens.. I can always have the centers colormatched :D My friend is a painter and said he'd hook me up.

·
Registered
763 Posts
autophiles said:
Actually.. the 19x8.5's have a 2.5" lip with a +45 offset. They design their wheels to have the maximum lip available to fit all aplications. If you look closely, you can hoow the spokes actually curve back in after the mounting point.. to give the illusion of a deep lip. Here's another shot:

Here's a link to a website that carries them: http://www.1010tires.com/wheel.asp?wheelbrand=Stern&wheelmodel=ST-1+Face+III+Beast+-+Hyper+Black

I just noticed... they also make a 19x9.5" with a 48 offset.. if the fronts were 19x8.5" with +45 and rear was 19x9.5" +48 could we run staggared wheels on our cars? This might be cool... :angel:
oh alright, i guess they're like the axis wheels then. I imagine the wheels won't clear big brake kits because of their design oh well.
About staggering your setup, please dont do that. The reason some cars have wider wheels/tires in the back is because they're rwd. Staggered fitmet on our cars just looks ridiculous. 9.5" wide wheels wont fit anyways.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts