Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
person.
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figure there were enough posts about this problem, and I got the government to send me a copy of the bulletin. So, I'll make one 'clean slate' post with the scans.

I luckily didn't have a problem - Honda Fixed my brakes, no questions asked, and I have over 12K on the dial.

·
Nice

Good post. Nice job. This may help some people.

Oddly, I noticed that the TSB states "A/T only" for the V6 coupes--as though the M/T coupes aren't affected. I can say this is not the case. My rotors had uneven pad deposition on their surfaces and were resurfaced with new pads under warranty. A lot of other M/T owners on this site had the same problem.

Possibly there isn't enough data on the 6 speeds (because of their limited supply) to warrant a TSB??? :gotme:

·
Registered
115 Posts
i have a 6 speed also and still had this problem after about 3k miles. honda first tried to resurface the rotors to no avail. they then proceeded to replace the front rotors. problem solved.

·
Northcoast Tuner
318 Posts
I have the same problem too on my 6-spd coupe, but I have 19k miles on it. You think the dealer will give me problems about that?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Mods- move this to 7th gen FAQ where the other TSBs are

·
Registered
565 Posts
I had mine done, but the first time they put on the wrong pads.
:(

Car wasn't stopping very well. Took it back and the replaced everything. No TSB, just a good dealership.

I am still going to get powerslot rotors and hawk brak pads though. Car still doesn't stop the way it should.:D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Judder

i am experiencing the judder and im at 32,000 miles. they have fixed numerous things on my car for free. do you think theyll give me any grief on this one?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I'd go in with the "I know this is a known problem for my car, I've done the research, here's the TSB #, now fix my car" kind of attitude. It's harder to argue with someone who knows what they're talking about. Especially the service managers since they usually don't know much mechanical stuff.

Then again at 32k miles who knows... isn't that beyond the expected life of brake pads? Maybe not rotors though, the least you can do is check with the dealer.

I think it's better going in with an attitude that you expect it to be fixed then to go in begging them to make an exception for you. You are still within warranty after all.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Captal said:
I'd go in with the "I know this is a known problem for my car, I've done the research, here's the TSB #, now fix my car" kind of attitude. It's harder to argue with someone who knows what they're talking about. Especially the service managers since they usually don't know much mechanical stuff.

Then again at 32k miles who knows... isn't that beyond the expected life of brake pads? Maybe not rotors though, the least you can do is check with the dealer.

I think it's better going in with an attitude that you expect it to be fixed then to go in begging them to make an exception for you. You are still within warranty after all.
That's EXACTLY the attitude of my customers that makes me want to do the opposite of what they want! (I'm in no way affiliated w/ an auto dealership) The best attitude to have is to go in smiling and usually the dealership will help you out. Tell them the symptoms and don't pretend to know more than they do - you probably don't and pretending you do will only make them mad. If you go in with a positive attitude and then they don't repair the problem - that's when you mention that you are aware of the TSB regarding the braking issue. They are alot more likely to be respectful of your wishes if you are respectful to them.

In any line of service work, put yourself in their shoes. Which customer would you rather help?

A. "I know this is a known problem for my car, I've done the research, here's the TSB #, now fix my car"

or

B. "Hey, I'm having a problem with the brakes on my car and was hoping you could help me out."

·
Clueless Newbie
185 Posts
Ok just curious - what exactly is this "judder" you speak of? Maybe it's just me but lately I've noticed my car shake just slightly at lower speeds/when slowing down, even when I'm not pressing down on the brake. Happens randomly - maybe it's the surface of the pavement? Not sure. (I don't have a V6 - just an I4 though. 2004 sedan)

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Kilmanjaro said:
That's EXACTLY the attitude of my customers that makes me want to do the opposite of what they want! (I'm in no way affiliated w/ an auto dealership) The best attitude to have is to go in smiling and usually the dealership will help you out. Tell them the symptoms and don't pretend to know more than they do - you probably don't and pretending you do will only make them mad. If you go in with a positive attitude and then they don't repair the problem - that's when you mention that you are aware of the TSB regarding the braking issue. They are alot more likely to be respectful of your wishes if you are respectful to them.

In any line of service work, put yourself in their shoes. Which customer would you rather help?

A. "I know this is a known problem for my car, I've done the research, here's the TSB #, now fix my car"

or

B. "Hey, I'm having a problem with the brakes on my car and was hoping you could help me out."
I agree and disagree, because you know what? I probably do know more about the problem than they do. Usually dealers seem to be clueless with their "could not replicate problem" crap.

On the other hand I go in smiling, I BS with all the service managers and techs and know most of them by name. But they also know that I know my stuff and don't give me the run around. I have never been arrogant or rude, just told them what research I have done and here's what the problem most likely is- if I know the TSB# I'll tell them that as well. If they decide it's something different they are more than welcome to disagree, but so far I haven't been wrong. I think confidence and arrogance are two very different things. You can still be confident and very polite.

·
Registered
23 Posts
A couple questions.

What does TSB stand for, and what can I do about this since the pictures were removed. My 6 speed MT shakes when I brake. I'm fairly confident that it is the rotors even though they were replaced not that long ago and I'm a new owner of this car. Any help would be great!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts