Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 accord, i am running a MB Quart amp/sub. If our car does not have power antena (blue wire) where do you guys run the blue wire (power) from the amp to the radio? I'm currently running it from the speaker to the amp, but someone told me it's not safe because it might give out too much power. Please help

·
i keeps it real
352 Posts
antony823 said:
I have a 02 accord, i am running a MB Quart amp/sub. If our car does not have power antena (blue wire) where do you guys run the blue wire (power) from the amp to the radio? I'm currently running it from the speaker to the amp, but someone told me it's not safe because it might give out too much power. Please help
run it to the power wire. its yellow

·
Registered
229 Posts
first off...NEVER run the remote turn on wire for an amp to a power antenna wire, most radios cut power to that when the CD player is going.

also, the factory wire harness dont have colors that match the aftermarket stuff, so you wont find a blue wire. to get the correct wire, get a wire harness for an aftermarket deck, plug it in, and see where the remote turn on wire goes...itll lead the correct wire on your stock harness.

also, the speaker wire has varying voltages, thats what makes the speaker cone move. your amp might turn on and off if that voltage dips low enough.

if you run it to the power wire then your amp will never turn off and youll kill your battery.

·
i keeps it real
352 Posts
custom grand am said:
first off...NEVER run the remote turn on wire for an amp to a power antenna wire, most radios cut power to that when the CD player is going.

also, the factory wire harness dont have colors that match the aftermarket stuff, so you wont find a blue wire. to get the correct wire, get a wire harness for an aftermarket deck, plug it in, and see where the remote turn on wire goes...itll lead the correct wire on your stock harness.

also, the speaker wire has varying voltages, thats what makes the speaker cone move. your amp might turn on and off if that voltage dips low enough.

if you run it to the power wire then your amp will never turn off and youll kill your battery.
the yellow wire does not carry a current when the car is off. all accords with a stock hu and an aftermarket amp hook up the remote to the yellow wire

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yellow wire, thanks a bunch

vtecaccord said:
the yellow wire does not carry a current when the car is off. all accords with a stock hu and an aftermarket amp hook up the remote to the yellow wire

·
Registered
229 Posts
vtecaccord said:

aha...i didnt know that. thanks for the useful info. i was thinking "yellow wire on aftermarket decks is constant power". stupid me for not following my own advice. lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts