Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys. What a nice forum about the Accords. Here is my problem, I love everything about the sevents generation Accords, EXCEPT the suspension! I own a 2004 Honda Accord I-4 LX Sedan, and the ride quility is horrible. The suspension system is extremely stiff and bouncy. I thought it would get softer after 30000 miles, but it's still the same.
I'm looking to find out if there's any aftermarket components to solve this problem. I'm not looking for handling or taking corners at warp speed, but rather RIDE COMFORT (smooth, plush ride, like the Buicks)!!! Anyone has this same problem with this car they would like to solve? What do I do? Do I need new springs, or new struts, or both? Also, I'm trying to keep the price under $1000 if possible.
Any suggestions from pros and people who have done this would be greately appreciated! THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE :)

·
Registered
748 Posts
get konis ive heard from others on here that they make a great improvment on the ride quailty

·
Registered
463 Posts
i got tein s. tech with koni yellow shocks with ingalls front and rear camber kit. they ride pretty darn well. i def. recommend koni yellows. u can also change the ride settings with them, from soft to firm with a knob. cost me $950 for everything though :curse2:

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
2,313 Posts
I have Koni yellows on mine and they are gr8 but expensive! Getting springs will make the ride stiffer so if you wanna get springs you gotta get Konis. But since you want a "Buick" ride...how about Monroe Sensa-Trak shocks...

·
Registered
368 Posts
Did you not try the car out before buying it?
The 7th gen Accord's suspension in terms of stiffness is still in the middle of the pack compared to the Altima and Mazda6.

How bout getting soft plush tires and setting them at 5 psi below recommended?
Actually the stock Michelin MXV4 Plus is already pretty good at this.

For a softer suspension system you'd need to change both shock and spring.

Softer springs allow softer ride going over potholes and speed bumps (big stuff) but allows more sway of your car in turns and braking.
Softer shocks allow more numbness against road joints, cracks, other small stuff but makes your car rock back and forth/side to side longer (gives an unsettled feeling).

The overall combination of a softer suspension also makes your steering feel numb, your drive experience boring that ultimately leads to a depressed life ... (just kidding on the last part) :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
whats up with some coil overs ??? can those improve ride quality or are they just for the sport ? :confused:

·
Registered
511 Posts
if you want soft and dull, probably your best bet is to sell it and get a camry. the only way to get springs that are softer than stock are to order them custom thru a company such as swift. although, they can be pricey at $~200 for each spring.

·
Registered
511 Posts
won't make the ride any more soft, that's for damn sure. you will never find any automobile product, on earth, that will make it more pedestrestrian and generic. i will bet mike tyson's career on that.

·
Registered
836 Posts
yeah. if you want a soft, cushy, quiet, buick-like ride, buy a camry instead. hondas are generally tuned to be more sporty than toyotas are...Honda drivers like driving and pushing their cars moreso than the average toyota driver...they dont want a couch on wheels, they want to feel the road and feel the feedback from their car.

toyota is more like buick whereas honda is more like...iono...pontiac? o_O

·
Registered
137 Posts
I too don't like the stiff ride quality, especially considering the Accord doesn't handle all that well. But I knew this before I bought the car so it's hard to complain about it now. Rent a Camry if you want to see what good ride quality is, it's a great car designed for different type of buyer. The 2007 model is supposed to be a looker too.

·
Registered
278 Posts
yea you should consider the new 07 camry's thats about to come out...they look pretty cool and of course they're known for their soft ride.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts