Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
WISCONSIN IS GREAT!
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A kid in my town SWEARS he will beat me. I havent had a chance to meet up with him and line them up but I plan on it. I havent ever raced, driven or ridden in a newer lude. He has a 99 SH dc headers, catback and intake & 18's. Whats your thoughts or anyone ever race one simaliar?

·
WISCONSIN IS GREAT!
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
my sig has my cars specs

·
From J30A to 4g63
753 Posts
NateCBR said:
my sig has my cars specs
Id say you should take it..........but ludes are no slow cars and with his mods it should give you a run being a m/t.........but anything can happen on the street.

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
You're gonna whoop his ass. The end.

·
Registered
108 Posts
With the extra torque you should get him from the jump and he should not catch you ........you may wnat to watch out on a roll though the upper register on the h22 is a mofo, wel in mine at least (96 lx sedan w/95 jdm h22), it pulls hard from cross-over to 8000 rpm (chipped p28)........and she stays in the vtec rev range between shifts.............

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
AV6 Power/Weight Ratio > Lude's Power/Weight Ratio

·
Registered
763 Posts
depending on what rims he has those 18's may slow him down. The preludes were known to be heavier than they look. You should be able to take him with no problems at all.

·
Registered
72 Posts
if its the sh that should mean that its all wheel drive and all wheel heavy

·
Registered
91 Posts
ifester said:
if its the sh that should mean that its all wheel drive and all wheel heavy

I don't think the SH's are all wheel drive, at least not in Canada.

I drove my cousins 98 SH with CAI, headers, 2 inch piping to a Magna flow (removed cat), Koni's with ground control and let me tell you it was pretty fast rolling on chrome 18's. The week after he let me drive it with the stock wheels on and that made such a diff because the wheels didnt weight as much.

I have only driven the 6 speed with a dealer in the car and I didnt really get a chance to giv'er.

But I aggree :up2: you should take him off the line to the win. Just stay away from the rolling start, you'll know why when his car SCREAMS by you.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
763 Posts
snipes said:
I don't think the SH's are all wheel drive, at least not in Canada.

I drove my cousins 98 SH with CAI, headers, 2 inch piping to a Magna flow (removed cat), Koni's with ground control and let me tell you it was pretty fast rolling on chrome 18's. The week after he let me drive it with the stock wheels on and that made such a diff because the wheels didnt weight as much.

I have only driven the 6 speed with a dealer in the car and I didnt really get a chance to giv'er.

But I aggree :up2: you should take him off the line to the win. Just stay away from the rolling start, you'll know why when his car SCREAMS by you.

Good Luck.
you should be able to take him from a rolling start as well.

·
WISCONSIN IS GREAT!
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
COOL...and im not gonna race in public. we have a spot in the country that we drag at....

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
oh dang, i know from first hand that hell kick ur arse from a roll... i was playing around w/ one going up on a slight incline thru interstate 15 (from lake arrowhead to victorville)

i was hauling butt passing everyone, he was kickin back on the sidelanes... i zoomed by and he floored it i guess... he caught up to me (i wasnt trying to get away at this point) so then he passes me and im like what the heck.... so yea we were playing around... i didnt push my car all the way kuz i was on my way to the dealer to get all my accessories, my car was like brand new :rofl2:

its safe to say that he took me, going balls out from 70+ to 100+... :p

·
Registered
90 Posts
SH is no all wheel drive, its fwd but there are a crazy amount of electronics to make it "super handling". it amazing how much honda over engineering the prelude for its time, the SH and the amazing tranny that could hold up so much power. "Fortunately, Honda fits Prelude SH models with its Active Torque Transfer System (ATTS), a hardware unit that can send as much as 80-percent of the engine's torque to the lest front wheel, which can spin as much as 15-percent faster than the other side." anyways i believe you will win as these cars are slow from a dig as everyone has already said.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts