Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I went to take off both my resonators from my v6 7th Gen. And as the guy cut the first one off, I asked if I could start the engine since it was running unrestricted.

Holy SHEETTTT I love that sound. :eek:. I put back 2 tubes instead of the resonators ( looks like it wont last long :p ).

But here is the question for the people experienced with exhausts and mufflers on Accords. What are the pros and cons of the straight pipe exhaust. I have heard that you loose a lot of low end power and it has a lot of fireback or something when you let of gas.

AND most importantly how is the drone on freeway cruising speeds, if it has any.

I would love to have that exotic sound on my 7th Gen.

·
Registered
258 Posts
personally I find drone to be more of an issue WITH resonators. Best exhausts on most cars I have herd that run straight are ones that have big mufflers in the back to "tune" the exhaust note and muffle it. While my old car wasnt an accord it was a FWD V6, once I took off the resonators, the drone went away. The exotic sound got anoying and raspy because it was so damn loud because my muffler was too small. That may not be the exact anwser ur lookin for but this might get the conversation moving.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I had mine like that and i loved it. i doesnt even sound like a honda. everyone at the local meets that i go to always stare :)

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
the key to decent exhaust is to make sure you dont go to large in Diameter. bigger is not always better in thus case.
rule of thumb if your under 300 whp stay 2.5"

·
James
1,094 Posts
on my i4, I have headers to a test pipe, straight piped to a can. If I throw a silencer in, and restrict that huge muffler, I get alot of pick up. The drone is unbearable, I'm putting in a resonator this week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts