Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever thought about removing their muffler altogether and replacing it with a straight pipe? Just like on muscle cars and trucks

·
NBP UA7
317 Posts
cabin drone will kill you... but it should yield some ponies

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya its just a subject no ones ever asked bfor and ive heard em on carreras 2 and they sound pretty sick i was just thinking wut that wuld b like sound wise but theres probably a reason no ones dun it

·
Registered
4,828 Posts

·
I'm a good guy, really.
695 Posts
That was you!? I've seen that vid like 100x it sounds sick. You have a flyby video too, right? Sounds so mean.

lol yea man thats my car that you saw...we chopped that exhaust off now but yea that is definately my car ;)

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
ya its just a subject no ones ever asked bfor and ive heard em on carreras 2 and they sound pretty sick i was just thinking wut that wuld b like sound wise but theres probably a reason no ones dun it
"." " ' " and "," keys broken on your keyboard?

Anyway, as for you question; they might sound/look nice on Carreras, but we don't have that type of car.
Side exhaust looks very pretentious on our Accords IMO. I'm not sure why sickV6 lopped his off, but wouldn't be surprised if he came to a similar conclusion.

·
I'm a good guy, really.
695 Posts
with a side exit setup like i had, your very limited to your options when it comes to exterior looks...i loved the sound and all but i was just losing horsepower at the same time...granted i ran a 14.9 in my ex v6 sedan with just that exhaust setup (dont ask me how im still trying to figure that out lol)

as for me im a show and go kinda guy, i like my car to look good and have that performance aspect as well when i want to get up and go...

right now im going with a rear exit setup because the body kit i am using would just look dumb with 2 cut outs for exhaust in the back and me having an exhaust coming out the side... (if you srt-4 guys wanna do that like you have been, haha go ahead :D, i just think it looks retarded personally)

·
I'm a good guy, really.
695 Posts
what i was going to do...(and you are all welcome to steal my idea if youd like because i decided to go another route)....my original idea was to buy a straight wider side skirt and i was going to cut square holes out of the rear section of each sideskirt and buy exhaust tips that would fit into those whole creating a flush exhaust look which i think would look amazing

1 - 14 of 14 Posts