Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 04 Accord V6 MT has developed a strange noise. It is intermittent and only does it when the car has been driven for at least an hour or more. It is a chirpping sound coming from the left side of the engine/belt area. At first I thought it was a bearing failing on the idler pulley, alternator or power steering pump, but listening to those area with a large screw driver to my ear I could not hear the chirpping noise. I don't even like to drive the car anymore because people will turn around at look at the car when I drive it throough town when they hear the noise.

The car has 36,000 miles on it and when I took it to the Honda Dealer they told me they couldn't find the problem and to keep driving it until it breaks and they would repair it!

I also wanted the dealer to replace the driver's side seatbelt retractor because it will not retract the seatbelt, you have to manually feed it back and keep pulling it out. They said they checked it and nothing was wrong with it! This is the second trip to the dealer when they have told me their is nothing wrong with the car. Thx.

·
JDM FTW!!!11one!
414 Posts
TJB50 said:
My 04 Accord V6 MT has developed a strange noise. It is intermittent and only does it when the car has been driven for at least an hour or more. It is a chirpping sound coming from the left side of the engine/belt area. At first I thought it was a bearing failing on the idler pulley, alternator or power steering pump, but listening to those area with a large screw driver to my ear I could not hear the chirpping noise. I don't even like to drive the car anymore because people will turn around at look at the car when I drive it throough town when they hear the noise.

The car has 36,000 miles on it and when I took it to the Honda Dealer they told me they couldn't find the problem and to keep driving it until it breaks and they would repair it!

I also wanted the dealer to replace the driver's side seatbelt retractor because it will not retract the seatbelt, you have to manually feed it back and keep pulling it out. They said they checked it and nothing was wrong with it! This is the second trip to the dealer when they have told me their is nothing wrong with the car.
Thx.
im also experiencing a similar problem in my i4. at first i thought it might be a motor mount problem, but that dosent seem to be the case. anyhow, just wondering if youve figured it out because im still stumped and its going on over a week.

·
7th Gen Accord
103 Posts
try telling them to check all the hoses around your sway bar, i had a problem like this and it was because a hose was being pinched. good luck

·
Registered
270 Posts
I've had a problem with my drive belt in my 04 AV6 six speed since it was new. It loooks like someone "clawed" a section of the belt. Very strange type of wear or defect. I took it to the Honda dealer at about 6000 miles, told them about the problem and asked them to replace the belt.

About 10K miles later I was looking at stuff under the hood and low and behold, the belt stopped with that same area so I could see it. IT LOOKED LIKE THEY NEVER replaced the belt.....took it to the dealer at my next oil change and they assured me they replaced it. They wanted to replace the entire pulley/tensioner system...I asked them to just replace the belt and if this happened again, I would be assured it was the pulley system. THEY would not listen to me.

Now, I drive my car too much...I have a 130 mile round trup commute weekdays. I don't have TIME to take my car off the road for such a repair (that's why I bought a Honda and not a Chevy or Ford). I'm at 45K now and my car is just 2 years old today.

I'm due for another oil change...which I have done on Saturadays while I wait. I'll ask them to take a look at the belts and pulleys again and see if I can convince thame ti just replace the belt...we'll see!!!!!!!!

Anyone else having these belt/pulley/tensioner problems!!????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts