Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, now on strut bars, do we have are own strut bars, what I mean is, is there a different when it comes to it, meaning is it divided into 4 cyl. and V6. Is our longer or what. I'm saying it's longer but I've ask this one place at ebay and they told me there's no difference. And where can I find some. I've been searching but there's so many kind. I want a good one but not to pay too much for it. Thank You

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hmm... Now i just read the sticky: Suspension/wheels ... You guys saying there's no difference when it come to struct bar? I've ask ebay they've told me that but then when I ask this site
www.racerwheel.com
they told me there is a different when it comes to strut bars...They told me our car is a little wider. And check out there strut bar for the accord 94-97 some say 4 cyl only... Help please very confused...

·
Shifting 5 Gears Baby !!
999 Posts
not too sure on the wider claim
I know for a fact that our front ends / hood / fenders / bumper are longer

wider ? not too sure on that
I'm not sure that a 4 banger strut bar with fit v6 and vice versa
but the V6 stock strut bar is a three point strut bar - mounts to the firewall as well - gives more support with a 3 point stress point then two point

just an FYI

·
Registered
435 Posts
ok, As I stated in the suspension thread, The only diference between the I4 and the V6 is the length. The width is no diferent. I know this for a fact because I have an I4 strut bar on my car. Most places assume to much. As for the stock strut bar, it is no good. Yes it is a 3 point bar but that really doesnt matter. all it takes is a straight bar to keep the strut towers from flexing. The issue with the stock strut bar is one of quality. Plus the after market bars look better ;)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
neuspeed is great. just got mine in a few days ago and ive been having fun with it.

there is no difference between i4 and v6 when it comes to neuspeed strut bars, i dont know about other brands.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you guys see those cheap cheap strut bars on ebay? about $6 and up what about those? Are those any good? and why are those so cheap? the DC Sport Strut Bar are too much... They are wanting too much of these $$$. Have anyone seen one for less than $90? maybe... lower $80?...grr...lower $70? And is there any other strut bar you guys recommend?

·
Registered
946 Posts
the ones on ebay are crap. strut bars you want it as solid as possible the less adjustability and the beefier it is "usually" better. check on wholehyper.com and go to their suspension section they have quite a few most of them are good

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have a TopSpeed rear upper strut bar, and a tenzo r rear lower tie bar.

When it comes to struts, they dont help much unless you are lowered and have sway bars

It goes...

1.) lowering springs (neuspeed or Eibach)
2.) sway bars
3.) struts

this a pic of my lower rear

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts