Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can i tell i have a stuck caliper? Is it really drastic or can it be hardly noticable?

The reason i think i have a stuck one is because when i reverse only my left rear squeaks, ive noticed some lines in the rotor and the pads were put on less than 1k miles ago and car pulls pretty good to the left even though ive had the alignment checked a few times and is in good order. Could this be the cause?

·
Registered
305 Posts
If you think you've isolated the problem brake, it's really easy to inspect it yourself if you're at all mechanically inclined. An 8mm wrench and a pair of needle nose pliers is about all you need once you get the wheel off.

Although it certainly could be the caliper, I would suggest you check out 2 other potential culprits 1st. The pins and grooves the brake pads move on could be gunked up and need to be cleaned and lubed. Especially the pins. You can get a pack of lube at any autoparts store. Secondly, you might check out whether your shop lined up the pin on the inside brake pad with the groove in the caliper. Both of these potential issues can be fixed without very much effort or cost. It's a different matter if it really is the caliper. Good luck.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
any excess brake dust? after a drive does it feel a lot warmer than the other side?
Havent had a chance to check for brake dust cause of the rain on and off but didnt think to check for heat differences. Thanks.

If you think you've isolated the problem brake, it's really easy to inspect it yourself if you're at all mechanically inclined. An 8mm wrench and a pair of needle nose pliers is about all you need once you get the wheel off.

Although it certainly could be the caliper, I would suggest you check out 2 other potential culprits 1st. The pins and grooves the brake pads move on could be gunked up and need to be cleaned and lubed. Especially the pins. You can get a pack of lube at any autoparts store. Secondly, you might check out whether your shop lined up the pin on the inside brake pad with the groove in the caliper. Both of these potential issues can be fixed without very much effort or cost. It's a different matter if it really is the caliper. Good luck.
What does a stuck caliper look like? Never came across one before. If the pins aren't lined up right could it give me the same symptoms?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts