Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 07 AV6 5AT Coupe...

I hate 5AT. I want 6MT.

Question - If I were to obtain an accord from 03-07 thats a SEDAN meaning 4DR, could I use the tranny, ecu, harness, etc... with my coupe or would I have to use the 7th gen AV6 Coupe tranny instead?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Honestly, the myth of the horse power difference between AT and MT is bullocks. You really don't lose that much going from one to the other. Plus if you suck ass at driving stick you are going to do more damage than good haha. Just MHO.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know how to drive stick. My first car was MT. It was totaled. Parents felt really bad, so they bought me the accord. I wanted MT, but they "didn't" have anymore in NHBP coupe, so I settled for the 5AT. Now, I want to do the 6MT because I'm paying for the car now, so I can't just sell it and replace it, and I know buying a 6MT would be easier, but I'd still like to know.

·
I'm a good guy, really.
695 Posts
If your really serious about doing the swap...pm nva av6...ask him for the breakdown of everything u need to do the swap...he will let you know...call around to junkyards or check online for totalled av6 6speed accords or 04-06 tl...throw them a price for everything together and usually they will work with you on a good price...if you do that I would suggest trying to get your hands on the TL tranny because that has LSD in it ;) ...the accord 6 speeds don't....but good luck on the project...

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I know how to drive stick. My first car was MT. It was totaled. Parents felt really bad, so they bought me the accord. I wanted MT, but they "didn't" have anymore in NHBP coupe, so I settled for the 5AT. Now, I want to do the 6MT because I'm paying for the car now, so I can't just sell it and replace it, and I know buying a 6MT would be easier, but I'd still like to know.
I was wanting the same thing (I also have a NHBP 5AT AV6 Coupe), but then I realized what would need to be done. First off, kiss any form of warranty "good bye"! Secondly, you have nice new-&-clean 2007 parts in your ride, do you really want to start putting in Junk-Yard pieces? Thirdly, with the $5K you will need for the swap, you could put that toward actually owning the car.

I don't know the details about your last car and your parents purchase of the Accord, but for F'sakes, be happy. The initial payment is what makes the rest of the payments Do'able or "no way in hell"; so even if you are paying for the car now, your parents are what made it possible.
Wish I had folks like that:rolleye2:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well parents pretty much "paid" from my insurance check. They just went to get the financing completed, and it's just their credit being used instead of mine. I have a friend whose a service manager at Honda so I don't have to kiss any warranties goodbye, AND I'm actually looking for brand new OEM parts at employee discount except for maybe the tranny and anything else ridiculously expensive EVEN at employee discount. I was just wondering if there was a complete comprehensive list, as well as any other special instructions or anything.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If your really serious about doing the swap...pm nva av6...ask him for the breakdown of everything u need to do the swap...he will let you know...call around to junkyards or check online for totalled av6 6speed accords or 04-06 tl...throw them a price for everything together and usually they will work with you on a good price...if you do that I would suggest trying to get your hands on the TL tranny because that has LSD in it ;) ...the accord 6 speeds don't....but good luck on the project...
If I were to obtain a TL tranny, would it be a bolt-on? I've been reading that it doesn't bolt on properly or something? Can anyone answer this?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts