Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Blue in NY
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, yestarday I went to change my oil, and I jacked the car up while the car was armed. The alarm went off and I just kept pressing the unlock button until it stopped because I was focused on jacking up the car and just wanted the stupid alarm to shut off. Anyway, I think I pressed it too many times and it did that "high security disarm" because now it beeps 4 times everytime I unlock the car, even after starting it when it should clear that. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I should do? I dont want to bring it to the place where I got it installed, so I figured I would ask here first. This is really annoying.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I believe you set the alarm in Valet mode.. which model Viper do you have?? i use to sell them when i use to work for a shop back home. if you can let me know what model you have i might be able to call them up and ask them for ya. I installed all my vipers in my cars so im pretty sure you put it in valet.

try this to see if this works. if they have not changed it from the older models. open the driver door (Leave open) put the key in the ignition and switch it to the on where all the lights on the dash lights up. Then on the remote press arm, disarm, arm. then it should take it out of valet. then turn it off and turn the car on. if that does not work then you need to let me know what model you have and ill call my old boss guys up and see what to do.

·
Blue in NY
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually fixed it today by setting off the alarm on purpose and then unarming it and starting it. Seems to have worked perfect. But thank you for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts