Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
"Keep It Sleazy"
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it seems no one wants to trade me their blackhousing oem headlights for my tyc's.So i will be doing a diy on my stock headlights for blackhousing.Heres the deal i've seen many different ways people have done their headlights.Could all of those with 6th gen's please post their blackhousing headlights so i can choose a style that i want to do.then of course i will search for a diy or ask that member how he went going about doing it.Thanks guys. :D :up2:

·
4 bangin'
2,277 Posts

thats how i did mine. i took all the orange completely out of them. some people like to leave the corner piece in, or even the whole orange strip in.

·
My car makes noises >_<
76 Posts
Are there really different styles to it? Aside from how much of the orange you leave in or take out? Because I've decided that I'm too cheap to go and retrofit mine.

·
MARTIN
1,411 Posts
There are a lot of combinations for it, and how you paint it, a lot of people like to leave the blinker area silver and some paint it all black (like sketch 05's picture)...the amber lense is all taste, but if you DIY w/out buying an aftermarket clear headlight, your left only with the amber strips...if you did buy an aftermarket clear headlight you could use the clear strip that they provide...kinda hard to explain...but it all depends on how you paint it and how much you paint. DIY is def. the way to go in my opinion...cause its OEM and the clear outer casing won't yellow as fast...good luck on this!

BTW here are mine:

·
"Keep It Sleazy"
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats great so far! What do your headlights look like blacked out with the orange strip removed?Does it look funny not having a clear strip to put in its place?

·
THLA 2009 Bombsquad
9,831 Posts
00silveraccord said:
where can you get clear strips? do you HAVE to buy a clear headlight to get a hold of those strips?

Usually you have to buy a set of blackhousing from ebay or somewhere else

But some people have the strips laying around

·
whoosh.
67 Posts
xi0utlawstarix said:
silver paint around the housing for the turn signal

That still blocks out the reflecting doesn't it? Even if you were to paint it a light color or something...unless it's just for looks.

·
Shes like the wind
1,094 Posts
wolfboy said:
That still blocks out the reflecting doesn't it? Even if you were to paint it a light color or something...unless it's just for looks.
just want other driver to see the bulbs when its on.....i do have the chroma chrome reflecting tape ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts