Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i have a 2003 lx accord with the stock HU. I bought subs and an amp with a standard amplifier wiring kit included. I was wondering if i would need anything else besides what is included in the kit for the install to work. I would also like some tips on installing on a stock HU this is my first install of anykind. Has anybody else doen this with there accord.
Thanks Alot
Andrew

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that stuff is too complex for me. I will have help from some guys who have installed in aftermarket HUs but none stock. What are the list of pats i will need keeping in mind i have an amp wiring kit.
thanks andrew

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the guy at abc warehouse told me waht i needed and my friend installed on a stock HU civic si and he is gonna take care of me. thanks for your guy's help.
Andrew

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now i have another question. How do you take the stock HU out to plug remote turn on cord, and what color wire on the back of teh HU do i attach the remote turn on lead to.
Thanks again
Andrew

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry that was a dumb comment. So let me get this straight, all i need to do is take the remote control and open up my fuse box and wire it with the radio fuse?.
Andrew

·
Registered
47 Posts
I connected mine to the passenger window fuse so I can kill the bass with my power window switch, but the radio fuse will work fine. Just strip off some of the insulation from the remote wire and take out the radio fuse, wrap the wire around one of the blades and put the fuse back in.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
do you think you could post a pic. ANd i think this is my last question, How do you hold the subs down and attach the amp to the back of teh seat back.
Thanks Andrew

·
Registered
47 Posts
1.Yes, if you attach the remote to the radio fuse, the amp will turn on when the radio does. 2.I dont have a picture hosting account or whatever.
3.I put my subs in a box and placed the amp on the box.

Your last question kinda scares me, maybe you should have your system professionally installed to save your self a BIG headache.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sorry i just want to get it right. I am having a friend who installed on a stock hu civic si help me. So i am not worried. THanks alot for your help its much appreciated.
Andrew

1 - 16 of 16 Posts