Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

Quick question, does anyone recommend a carpet to use for subwolfer boxes/custom enclosures?

See the picture of my trunk below:

see how the carpet is getting ratty? I have since gotten it recarpeted, but after 2 months, its starting to become sloppy again. Anyone know of a better carpet that is black that might stand up better. I hardly use my trunk for anything other than groceries. Nothing that would cause it to make the fibers look this worn. I think my shop is using cheap carpet, or is this just a fact of life? Plesae let me know :)

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can't do the plexi in front of the subs, won't be able to push the air, only reason I know this is I asked my sponsor if we could put plexi in and etch into it something cool like a honda symbol....no dice.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
suede is way to delicate, ill destroy it...i was thinking tweed or a tougher carpet if i can find it.

·
7yr / 120K
955 Posts
jason2713 said:
suede is way to delicate, ill destroy it...i was thinking tweed or a tougher carpet if i can find it.
Be different... use SHAG! Hit up a fabric store and see what they have.

·
Registered
796 Posts
jason2713 said:
Hey guys.

Quick question, does anyone recommend a carpet to use for subwolfer boxes/custom enclosures?

See the picture of my trunk below:

see how the carpet is getting ratty? I have since gotten it recarpeted, but after 2 months, its starting to become sloppy again. Anyone know of a better carpet that is black that might stand up better. I hardly use my trunk for anything other than groceries. Nothing that would cause it to make the fibers look this worn. I think my shop is using cheap carpet, or is this just a fact of life? Plesae let me know :)
you have to buy highgrade automotive carpet.

·
i<3 my P.O.S.
652 Posts
my friend audio shop close so he gave me a whole roll of carpet and its jut sitting here and its the good kind had it in my car for 2 year now and nothing wrong with it tough as hell even when i slide teh box in and out my trunk carpet gets mess up faster than the box on the carpet....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts