Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an infinity Basslink installed in my 6gen av6. Here's how it's wired. The power wire/Ground/speaker tap wires and I have the bass control knob. The speaker tap wires came with the basslink, so i just tapped my rear speakers.

Now the problem: Whenever I'm breaking my sub goes BRRRRRPPPT BRRRPPT...even when the music's not on. This does not happen when I turn off the bass with the basscontrol knob so I don't know what's going on its very irritating because it happens when the music's playing. Just random bass everytime I break. What the hell's going on??

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kinda hard to explain. I dont think its a solid grounding point, it's a 4gauge wire I stripped it and then somehow coiled it around a bolt and bolted it down where the Jack goes. That's the only bare metal i could find in my trunk.

·
Registered
411 Posts
dont use the crappy tapper things first of all...make a proper connection wrapping the wires together and using solder/shrink wrap.

second, where are the wires run? third, where is the ground terminated to? fourth, is the ground solid, to bare metal?

disconnect the wires to the speakers (dont let them touch each other or the chassis!) and see of the sound goes away. wait, did you run a separate remote turn-on wire? if not, youd have to find a way to turn the amp on...

edit: while talking on the phone, you replied lol. yeah, i definitely suspect your ground is the cause especially if youre using the bolt i think you are. there are other bolts in the trunk...if you move the box or wiring closer to the the seats, there is a nice bolt next to the fuel pump :) it just takes 1 minute with some sandpaper to make it nekkid and pleeeeease get a ring terminal before bolting the wire down :smash:

·
Alan N
446 Posts
try the ground for the fuel pump it is right there, just lift up the carpet by the rear seat, u will see a bolt and a wire connected to it that is the fuel pump ground wire. hope this helps

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
blackhawk411 said:
ill have it posted tommorow afternoon or at night at the lastest... its raining like ass right now... but yea its like danniel said, its behind the rear seats...

also i dont know how different the coupe and sedans are underneth the rear seats... hopefully the mounting spot is similar though

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
daniel showed me the grounding point.

He also figured out the problem lol...one of the bolt to my sub was lose and everytime the sub would move around the sub would make that noise. haha what a jackass problem. anyway its fixed now...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts