1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
NBP UA7
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Pilot & Accord
867 Posts
Call me a newbie, but for reference purposes a bit more detail would be nice to see.

·
ILUVBOX
290 Posts
Are they both Autos?

IMO it sounded like some poorly done riced out 4 banger, cause of all the vibration rattles coming from the exhaust system.
Take care of that and everything should tie up real well.

There's just something that erks me about heavily upgrading automatic cars, I just feel like its a waist of time. Not saying that there arent gains to be had or anything.

·
NBP UA7
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are they both Autos?

IMO it sounded like some poorly done riced out 4 banger, cause of all the vibration rattles coming from the exhaust system.

There's just something that erks me about heavily upgrading automatic cars, I just feel like its a waist of time. Not saying that there arent gains to be had or anything.

the white tl is a fellow car enthusiast, he let me do the install :eek:... and I am really experienced at it, so we took it out for a spin.... my tl is the black one obviously

both cars are auto yes, but they do have ss mode which acts very similar to stick shift, it is identical to double clouching when it shifts... we are in the east coast, alot of traffic, manual just is not practical as a daily driver

to the other member who required more details, I mean the credits at the end aren't suffice?

as for the vibrations... the white tl type s current setup from the motor back
-precats deleted
-upgraded jpipe
-3rd cat deleted
-dual exit billy boat catback (with no resonator)

^ see any restriction anywhere... it really begs to have a blower

I asked him to let me fabricate an aero resonator which can be bolted up to the 3rd cat location... sort of like an option to either be street or track... it is up to him really, I mean the pulls were literally minutes post install, so honestly it can't get louder heheheh I just hope the carbon buildup kills some of the rasp, and it was just an empty ally... so yes I do agree about the echo's....

definitely not 4 bangers tho :(

ps. the most important part.... there is no drone... dunno why but I guess the stock cats held some sound in there which apparently was magnified via a catback....

·
Honda Rookie
1,042 Posts
Are they both Autos?

God, I couldn't agree more.... I would be ashamed to drive an Acura that sounded like that. If I had a civic, maybe, because its expected. But you have an Acura. It shouldn't sound like a ricer. But, its personal preference.

i like the sound sortta F1 ish
Sort of F1ish? Have you ever seen an F1 race? Or watched one? They sound NOTHING like that... not even close. If you mean high revving engine whine, then maybe, but an F1 car is tuned... and beautiful, and powerful. The sound above.... is not.

·
SC J32A3 Accord
645 Posts
Are they both Autos?

What's there to erk you about heavily modding an automatic car?

There are reasons why some of us prefer autos to manuals, and like StiLLHeRe153 said, daily driving in traffic is the main reason.

I agree it sounds like there's too much raspiness from the exhaust unless it's just from the echos of the alley.

StiLLHeRe153, how do the cars smell when they drive by?? I mean does it smell like an old beater or is it still relatively "clean"?

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
Awww, guess I won't be getting the pre-cat deletes.. I hope deleting the 3rd cat with Richie's test pipe doesn't make my car stink :(
Your better off gettting rid of the pre-cats for power and leaving the 3rd cat in to somewhat clean it up and reduce the smell, all I have on mine is a high flow cat pretty much what the 3rd cat is and it doesn't smell bad.

Plus you can always buy those tablets for you gas that make your exhaust smell like cherries or some other stuff on summitracing.com

·
ILUVBOX
290 Posts
Take care of the rattle, no one should resent that I say this (ahaem!)

Comparing Auto's to Manuals can be done some other time....

Tl's are aight maybe I came off a lttle to harsh cause I dont like them all that much. Oh well right!

·
NBP UA7
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I agree fully these require a resonator badly, and catless... not my plan when I install mine, richie is gonna drop some 300 cell hiflow cats 2.5" diameter.... would be perfect match with the collector off his jpipe....

a resonated catback with a 3rd cat would equal no rasp.... I'll post a video sometime next week when I install mine... I have 2 installs for 2 more tl before I can even plan for mine....

checkout this vid of the TL-S Auto... it isn't your average auto, the sequential sportshift works wonders - http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTivHbAalYA

ps. ^ watch my 3rd to 2nd downshift, reminiscent of an amg s55 my neighbor used to have yummy

1 - 20 of 24 Posts