Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Carpe Diem
3,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In April I will be traveling to Hawaii for my honeymoon. I've never been there before and I'm looking for some suggestions on what to do while I'm there. We will be staying at the Marriott's Ko Olina Resort.

The misses already has her heart set on doing one of those helicopter rides over the volcano, some submarine tour, and a Pearl Harbor tour. Any other good suggestions?

·
M!©[email protected] ¤ ¤ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¤ ¤
2,600 Posts
There's tons of things to do. Glad that you're already have some pretty interesting activities planned so far. Definitely like the Pearl Harbor Tour. How long are you gonna be here, Ike?

Here's what I would suggest for a few days:
  • Since you'll be at Ko'olina, try and hit up the new Disney Pool area. I haven't been there myself, but my family says it's pretty awesome.
  • Waikiki is a always a good thing to do while here, but I would suggest going during the day since the evening brings about some "crazies". Waikiki has shopping (International Market Place, Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center, Beach Walk), iconic hotels, the beach, good places to eat, etc. It's tourist haven. LOL.
  • Hana'uma Bay (snorkling and fish feeding). Arrive there as early as possible, since parking is very limited.
  • Shave Ice at Matsumoto's or Aoki's in Haleiwa (somewhat of a drive). I take my family to Aoki's since Matsumoto's always has an extremely long line. There are a handful of small eateries in Haleiwa as well (Wailua Bakery comes to mind).
  • Waimea Bay (on the way to Kahuku); it's where they hold the Eddie Aikau surf meet when there is extremely large surf (30' +) during winter season.
  • Giovanni's Shrimp Truck (Kahuku) or any Shrimp Truck in Kahuku (definitely a far drive, but very nice scenery)
  • China Man's Hat (Windward side of the island). You can walk out to the island during extremely low tide, but most canoe. You can also hike when you get there.
  • Water sports at Kailua Beach (Windward side of the island). This is where Obama stayed :)
  • There's a ton of "Hole in wall" places to eat all around the island, showcasing local cuisine as well.
BTW, congrats on the marriage!! :up2:

·
Carpe Diem
3,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions guys, if you think of any more, let me know!

We will be there for a week (sat-sat). We are actually getting married down there at the same time. So it is going to be a wedding/honeymoon all-in-one sort of deal.

Don't know if anyone is familiar with Hawaii Weddings | Beach Weddings | Hawaii Wedding Packages but that is who will be performing the wedding. The guy's name is Captain Howie I believe...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts