Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been contemplating what rim size i should get for my car to not look awkward/goofy. I don't plan on lowering the car and I heard that if you don't lower the car + get big rims the gap between the fender and the tire will look bigger. I would lower the car but I actually just recently spent $300 raising it BACK to stock height (I got to admit that the car looked better lowered but I just hated the scraping).

Right now I have the stock hubcaps and they just look so bad. I'm not sure how big they are but I think that stock for 03 lx coupe is 15 or 16'', not sure tho. So does anyone have any suggestions for possible rim sizes that would make my car look good even at stock height and not look awkward cuz of the big gap? I've been looking at pictures of peoples rims on this forum for the longest time but I can never tell if they are pictures of lowered cars or not. Your guys' input would mean a lot to me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh yeah one more question: if I get bigger rims, will the overall size including tires, get bigger? If it does, will it actually raise my car? I'm asking this because the reason that I raised my car is because of nasty scraping. However, if bigger rims DO raise my car, then will lowering the car using springs actually counter the big rims, making the overall height the same?

·
Street Brawler
523 Posts
17's probably is your best bet. Type "tire diameter calculator" into google to find out the overall diameter of different sized tires.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have 17, but I think I could go 18...i thought I had low profile but lots of stock low profiles are even thinner than mine...
like 2.5GT, IS350, 335i...
but 17 seems more safer in Mass where there are lots and lots of pot holes...haha
btw, if you go 19 or 20, don't you have to change the diameter of the tires???

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys,
im very new to the forum but i have been lurking for some time. I wanna get some rims for my car also but i dont really want to lower the car cause i live in a 4 season climate. With the snow, it just isnt practical. im planning on getting atleast 18s with all season on them so i dont have to switch often, except maybe in the worst of weather. I wanted to know how would i get that nice, tight fit without lowering it and not making it look like an suv? can i just get a larger sidewall on the tire to make it look tighter in the wheel well? Thanks in advance

1 - 6 of 6 Posts