Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the bulb size on our sunvisors? i want to put some led's
in there :D. If this has already been discussed whats the search word i can look under?

·
keepin' it OG
10,188 Posts
their just 5mm (or i 3mm) bulbs i have wrapped around.. i dont think anyone carries exact replacement for these bulbs, well not that i have seen of anyways.

i think the yellow shows better, i think. i havent really compared compared with both bulbs at night, but i dunno.. not like i even use them anyways.. so they are just for aesthetic purposes only.. lol.. but i do have a comparison picture of the regular and the led in the visor..

·
keepin' it OG
10,188 Posts
sumptimwong said:
wow, the halogen bulb is WAY brighter. im sure honda stocks replacements
its just the design of both of the bulbs.. the led is shaved, so light is only illuminating at one direction compared to the regular stock bulb which is illuminating from all angles of the perspective, which makes it seem like there is more light than it really is... it also depends on the angle of how the led was cut as well... at certain directions of the cut led, it may seem that there is more light, and at different angle, it may look like there is les light... thats how led somewhat are if anyone has worked with them before.

it all depends on what the owner wants... the color or the lighting performance... keep in mind how small the space is.. its possible you can put two leds in there... just takes a little more effort in the making of it... but possible...

·
keepin' it OG
10,188 Posts
CRV_33 said:
Might be a worth a shot to check, try opening the visors again with your parking lights on.
they only turn on while your parking lights are on.. otherwise, it wont turn on. if someone was wondering why theirs wont turn on.

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
Yea, but I didn't provide the exact p/n. Just use a small screwdriver to pry the diffuser off, and you'll see a 1-2W glass-cylinder type bulb. p/n should be stamped on the metal contacts of the bulb.

·
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto
3,545 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Sin-R V6 said:
nice...where did u get the bulbs or how did you get it like that?
since the original bulbs look like fuses... i found some old fuses..broke the glass and unsoldered the fuse pieces from the outside bases, then used a resistor on one side and just a piece of the wire from the shortened resistor for the other side, and a white SMD (led) in the middle

i thought i had a pic somewhere..still looking

·
Bai Se Feng Che
784 Posts
03LXV6Guy said:
yea seems like no one makes these bulb typed in leds. Most are custom which I have yet to find out how since I have a few extra 3mm led bulbs in white laying around.

If anyone has a DIY that would be great. To make my own bulb would take some work though. Might not have the time?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts