Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know about the rest of you guys but i am sort of dying to get a supercharger now! I think it would be awesome to have a supercharged 7th gen accord 6spd, i love my car but i want a faster honda, and there really is no other option so the only thing i can think of is a supercharger. I just dont understand how comptech will make a supercharger for the TL's and Tsx's, which i dont think many people would want to supercharge theirs. Now i see that they already made one for the new Civic Si. I just dont see why they would skip out on the accords like this! If there is just something that could be done to get companies like comptech to produce a supercharger for the 7th gens!

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
isnt there a thrad discussing swapping the tl supercharger into an accord??? But companies never seem to want to invest in the accords. Weird huh??

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read something about swapping the TL supercharger into the accord they said that all you need is a smaller radiator of something. I am not sure how true this is, so i emailed comptech about this no response yet!

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
Theres also a thread about some guy Nate from comptech having talks w/ some V6P people to start making one...

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
v6_ccord_2k5 said:
Theres also a thread about some guy Nate from comptech having talks w/ some V6P people to start making one...
Yea i read up on this too it doesnt seem like they even want to make a supercharger for the 7th gen! I pretty much made this thread to try to get people together who also feel the way that i am feeling about the 7th gen supercharger and try to do something about it!

·
KSU Owls
232 Posts
im there with you! even though i have an auto.. i would not mind at all to be able to get a supercharger and add a lil mmmph!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I dont know i read up on that and am a little wiery, i would like to see something come out with a well known company, but i would like to see the results of the twin turbo kit and the R&D testing after it is installed on a car, maybe it could be an option.

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
Andrew said:
I dont know i read up on that and am a little wiery, i would like to see something come out with a well known company, but i would like to see the results of the twin turbo kit and the R&D testing after it is installed on a car, maybe it could be an option.
I know the guy personally and so does the president and co-founder of v6performance.net

Maurice (president of the V6P company) is getting a twin turbo kit done on his 6th gen. V6 coupe buy the same guy, Aiden (5150crx). The 7th gen kit just needs to be beautified and it should be put up for sale as soon as everything gets in order.

Everything here will protest their faith in Aidens work, he did a lot of the engine and tranny swaps on this board. (Siggy) being one of them.

His work is good enough to command an hourly rate of $100 an hour and work space at RB Motoring ( he helps them out). However hes closing his shop to become a commodities broker and actually get some money as opposed to when he was working on cars he didn't get much.

So don't worry, the kit will work and others will probably have it on before you so you can see how it works on their cars.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Accord_V6_400m: said:
Be patient the Twin Turbo kit for your cars is almost done if not done, it just needs to be cleaned up a little bit.
Perhaps, but I don't see how a Twin-turbo setup can possibly be as affordable as a SC kit, even one from Comptech. Intercoolers alone can cost well over a $1000, but that's not all. Two turbos, the exhaust manifolds for the turbos with all the associated piping and you're getting into serious bucks here. Does this kit also include components that will beef up the engine to accept the boost provided by the turbo setup? If it does, then it's even more expensive than I imagine; if not, the engine will not last with the potential boost.

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
APOLLON said:
Perhaps, but I don't see how a Twin-turbo setup can possibly be as affordable as a SC kit, even one from Comptech. Intercoolers alone can cost well over a $1000, but that's not all. Two turbos, the exhaust manifolds for the turbos with all the associated piping and you're getting into serious bucks here. Does this kit also include components that will beef up the engine to accept the boost provided by the turbo setup? If it does, then it's even more expensive than I imagine; if not, the engine will not last with the potential boost.
The kit will allow you to run at different boost levels I think, the internals would not be beefed up and neither are they with any supercharger kit out there, thats an optional thing on your part. One guy at Saleen who used to work at Jackson racing said the rings on Hondas would go out due to the boost pressure.

Thats a chance you take on any forced induction car that had it added on.

The kit will be competatively priced, with all the components that are necessary. Remember it gives more power for the same amount of boost then a supercharger so if you have a manual and don't have to worry about the auto tranny and internals depending on your perspective then this kit should be a great option.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Accord_V6_400m: said:
The kit will allow you to run at different boost levels I think, the internals would not be beefed up and neither are they with any supercharger kit out there, thats an optional thing on your part. Thats a chance you take on any forced induction car that had it added on.
True enough, however, with a turbocharged car that has built-in boost-level adjustability, the driver can be tempted to continually increase the boost incurring damage to his engine unawares. A S/C car doesn't normally have on-the-fly boost level adjustability of a turbo setup, making it a 'safer' option. In the end of course it's always up to the driver, but the ease of overdoing it makes a turbo a somewhat 'riskier' proposition than a S/C.

There are other issues besides overboosting that makes a turbo setup less desireable for certain cars. One big issue for me is the need to 'cool down' the turbo(s) after a hard run, necessitating the installment of turbo-timers, after oilers, etc, which only add to the total cost and complexity of the system. Failing to cool down a turbo will considerably reduce its life. Something few enthusiasts who never had a tubocharged car even know about.

he kit will be competatively priced, with all the components that are necessary. Remember it gives more power for the same amount of boost then a supercharger so if you have a manual and don't have to worry about the auto tranny and internals depending on your perspective then this kit should be a great option.
If it will be competitively priced, say $3-4K, then it will be a fantastic option. But even at this unrealisticly low price, I envision the installation costs to be much greater than that for a S/C kit. There are a lot more parts and more work to be performed with a turbo kit than a typical S/C kit. In any case, we will soon have all our questions answered.

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
APOLLON said:
True enough, however, with a turbocharged car that has built-in boost-level adjustability, the driver can be tempted to continually increase the boost incurring damage to his engine unawares. A S/C car doesn't normally have on-the-fly boost level adjustability of a turbo setup, making it a 'safer' option. In the end of course it's always up to the driver, but the ease of overdoing it makes a turbo a somewhat 'riskier' proposition than a S/C.

There are other issues besides overboosting that makes a turbo setup less desireable for certain cars. One big issue for me is the need to 'cool down' the turbo(s) after a hard run, necessitating the installment of turbo-timers, after oilers, etc, which only add to the total cost and complexity of the system. Failing to cool down a turbo will considerably reduce its life. Something few enthusiasts who never had a tubocharged car even know about.

If it will be competitively priced, say $3-4K, then it will be a fantastic option. But even at this unrealisticly low price, I envision the installation costs to be much greater than that for a S/C kit. There are a lot more parts and more work to be performed with a turbo kit than a typical S/C kit. In any case, we will soon have all our questions answered.
Well you can do the same with superchargers and put on larger pulleys (on the alternator) to increase boost.

Some supercharger kits now share the engine oil and also have to cool down an example would be AMG supercharger kits (or Daimler Chrysler in general). They don't need to cool down as much but the maintanence is still there.

You can always try those electric superchargers then :p

Were actually working on ann intake adapter that has two fans in it, and let me tell you it MOVES air :eek:

Anyway, we'll have to wait and see what happens :D

·
Registered
194 Posts
Dr. Evil kit for the 6th gens you mean? There isnt acurrentyl one for the 7th? or is there(crossing fingers.)? Or would the kit be good for with either gen.

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
sirchadwick said:
Accord_V6_400m,

Please advise on when this will be available, or prelease, as we would like to put this on the 7th Gen V6 and try it out on the test track.

Chad
Detroit Testing Facility
There is no definate date and I was asked to keep this on the down low.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts