Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
wht_on_blk
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What supplements do you guys take if any?

I take IsoFlex whey protein after my workout... chocolate flavour!

Also I was thinking of taking a pre-workout supplement, but I have heard that they are addictive and do not really help other than give you a caffeine rush... anyone have any experience?

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'm currently taking Pump-HD which is a pre workout. It's good, but yeah it gives you a rush. I have the energy needed to complete my workout, and it also has creatine in it. If you wanna try a pre then only do like a half scoop so you get used to it.

I'm also using Pump-HD creatine during my workouts and like it so far.

For protein I'm using Gold Standard Isolate for after workouts and also using Gold Standard Casein about an hour before bed. I've read that Casein is slow digesting so it helps your metabolism stay active while sleeping. Thing I've noticed about using it is that I'm not extrememly hungry in the mornings and I'm still able to lean out over night.

Don't take what people say as golden rules, try what you want to try based on their opinions. I'd recommend the Pump-HD for a pre workout though, but it might affect you differently than me.

Hope this helps, keep up the gym work.

·
wht_on_blk
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info! I have taken creatine in the past but not casein my friend told me about that too.

I have been going to the gym for about 3 years consistently, and I encourage all forum members to live a healthy active lifestyle!

·
Registered
294 Posts
I agree fitness is a great thing! I've been on and off my whole life so far. Training for sports like soccer, baseball, and wrestling kept me in shape, but now I wanna get big so I've hit the weights in the last 6 months. Overall I just wanna be healthy and not have any terrible health problems later.

·
wht_on_blk
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did wrestling grade 10-12 my gym teacher forced me to join or else I would fail the class... I ended up coming 1st in regionals and making it to provincials in my rookie year...

·
Registered
16 Posts
when I took supplements I was taking Canadian Protein, Omega 3s and Orange Triad Multi-Vitamin. I wanted to try out the Orange Triad because they were really popular. I didn't notice much of a difference in my performance though..

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just my .02 cents here haha
this is what i used, keep in mind i was always a larger kinda guy (went from 230-170lbs over 3 years, and now sitting at 190). So with that in mind, my body type likes to hold onto fat and build more muscle. so with that being said, my stuff doesnt focus on mass gainers (which i dont think are good anyways) but more for energy, pumps, and vascularity.

Protein: any whey isolate will do. i reccomend the kaizen brand from costco

Creatine: the plane jane stuff from body building.com will work. this increases your weight, but you should see yourself slightly fill out, and have a few more reps when really pushing. keep in mind that you have to keep hydrated in order to not tax your body that much. 4 litres per day is what i shoot for.

Pre workout: i have tried tons of pre workouts. i use them more for placebo and amp before the gym. C4 is decent, super pump max is also pretty good.Use these with discretion, because right now im finding it tough to get in the gym without any pre workouts.

Beta-alenine: this is something ive tried adding into my preworkout recently. it basically gives you more power for reps, but the side affect is a tingly feeling in your body. some people hate it, some people dont. i take it because i enjoy the feeling and gets me in to zone.

personally, I have stopped taking protein altogether. I try and eat as much meat as possible and rely on my diet for my protein needs. it also saves me about 50$ a month or so.
the other three supplements are just to amp me for the gym.

sorry for the long post! good luck :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think I've been getting better results spending the extra money on good quality cuts of meat instead of $300 a month on powders and pills. I've heard many people talk about the benefits of good food over supplements now. Good info is hard to find because it's not paid for by the supplement industry. But it just makes sense doesn't it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts