Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be getting suspension and rims soon and I was wondering what everyone has on here and what they suggest. I don't want to spend an ungodly amount of money on this. I pretty much want the car to be as low as it possibly can with maybe 16s or 17s on it. I was thinking of maybe the Rota Circuit 10s or possibly knock offs of the Rotas.

What's your guys' opinions?

Pictures are always good. My car is the allibaster like color, so if you have the same color, that'd be great if you have some pics. Remember, I pretty much want my car dumped.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
i can't really help you since my car isn't lowered that much, not my taste. i have eibach pro kit all around on kyb agx and it sits nice but i wanna hurry up and get my wheels and body kit put back on so i can really judge it. but one thing, don't get cheap quality stuff, buy something that is tried and tested already unless you have the money to blow when the springs go bad after only a year or less. plus make sure you get rid of the stock shocks, they can't handle a car thats been lowered.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bash said:
i can't really help you since my car isn't lowered that much, not my taste. i have eibach pro kit all around on kyb agx and it sits nice but i wanna hurry up and get my wheels and body kit put back on so i can really judge it. but one thing, don't get cheap quality stuff, buy something that is tried and tested already unless you have the money to blow when the springs go bad after only a year or less. plus make sure you get rid of the stock shocks, they can't handle a car thats been lowered.
Do the Skunk2 coilovers have a good ride? And what are the best shocks for those to be paired with. I'm only looking at those because they allow for a drop up to 3", but I'm mainly concerned about the ride quality. I had a set of Tokico shocks and springs on my 94 Accord a long time ago but wasn't low enough for me.

This is my first 5th gen AV6 so I was just wondering, since the weight distribution is probably a little different, what was the best setup for aftermarket suspension.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
what is an ungodly amount of money? Typically, you get what you pay for. If you're just looking for a cheap way out, the springs and struts are the way to go. Koni Yellow Struts and eibach sportlines are a nice combo. Skunk2 coilovers, i've heard, are very harsh. I'm still debating on whether to get D2 or Tein SS coilovers. Choices are so difficult these days.
 

·
Large Member
Joined
·
505 Posts
defaced said:
Do the Skunk2 coilovers have a good ride? And what are the best shocks for those to be paired with. I'm only looking at those because they allow for a drop up to 3", but I'm mainly concerned about the ride quality. I had a set of Tokico shocks and springs on my 94 Accord a long time ago but wasn't low enough for me.

This is my first 5th gen AV6 so I was just wondering, since the weight distribution is probably a little different, what was the best setup for aftermarket suspension.
Defaced,

Your looking to dump your ride. You can kiss "ride quality" good bye. Simple as that. If your looking to dump it 3" or more, its going to ride very harshly, coilovers or not. Then again, it depends on the roads in your area. The roads in So. Cali aren't nearly as bad as they are in other parts of the country. I was on KYB AGX shocks and Progress Group springs, which lowered my ride about 2.5". The look was sweet but the ride was terrible. Coilovers are great for adjustability, but your shocks can only be lowered so much before "too much" sets in and your hitting the bump stops. Have you considered an air ride system? You can set your ride on the ground when your stopped and raise it a bit when your driving. Very expensive, I know. Its your call. The lower you go, the harsher the ride on a conventional shock/spring or coilover setup. ;)
 

·
the Lost Sol
Joined
·
2,198 Posts
blueish said:
what is an ungodly amount of money? Typically, you get what you pay for. If you're just looking for a cheap way out, the springs and struts are the way to go. Koni Yellow Struts and eibach sportlines are a nice combo. Skunk2 coilovers, i've heard, are very harsh. I'm still debating on whether to get D2 or Tein SS coilovers. Choices are so difficult these days.
:werd: i got couple of friends w/ teg w/ skunk2 and the rides was terrible..harsh/bouncy ... will give u a headache

i was gonna get d2 also but cheapest i could find was 750 :( .. so i'm getting ksports ... which is the same as d2 but no clicking when changing dampeners ..hopefully i'll have them and installed by the end of the week :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
KhanhCord said:
:werd: i got couple of friends w/ teg w/ skunk2 and the rides was terrible..harsh/bouncy ... will give u a headache

i was gonna get d2 also but cheapest i could find was 750 :( .. so i'm getting ksports ... which is the same as d2 but no clicking when changing dampeners ..hopefully i'll have them and installed by the end of the week :D
Oh man! Keep me updated. How much are you getting the Ksports for? You gotta take pictures of it if you get it installed this week! Do you have rims already?

Hey Gallo, are you ridding on 18's?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Yo defaced,
i've heard a good combo was KYB struts and tien s coils for a good 2" drop. And it just so happens that i have a set for sale :), because im not going to lower my car in DC that would be insane, all the potholes and construction would kill the car.

TheTransporter
 

·
the Lost Sol
Joined
·
2,198 Posts
blueish said:
Oh man! Keep me updated. How much are you getting the Ksports for? You gotta take pictures of it if you get it installed this week! Do you have rims already?

Hey Gallo, are you ridding on 18's?
will do :up2:.... let's just say the price for ksport is enuff to change my mind abt getting d2.. and i wanted d2 baddddd hahaha and no rims.. woorking on it next if i dont upgrade my ignitions

and ya.. gallo got on 18s
 

·
Large Member
Joined
·
505 Posts
KhanhCord said:
will do :up2:.... let's just say the price for ksport is enuff to change my mind abt getting d2.. and i wanted d2 baddddd hahaha and no rims.. woorking on it next if i dont upgrade my ignitions

and ya.. gallo got on 18s
From this point forward, Khanh will be doing all my talking for me and will answer any and all personal questions directed at me. :p

Kidding, Mr. Khanh. When I originally went to purchase my wheels and tires, I was looking at 17's. The guys at Modern Auto talked me into 18's. I've been happy ever since. You guys should ask Cowgod about suspensions. He's had several different setups on his ride.
 

·
the Lost Sol
Joined
·
2,198 Posts
hahaha np MISTER Gallo! hahaa .. i only told him the size, not like i told him what kinda rims and what kinda tires and at wut psi the tires are at :p
just answering the question just incase he couldnt sleep b/c he wanted to know the size hahhahaha

btw damn u for not going to the meet hahaa j/p
 

·
Large Member
Joined
·
505 Posts
KhanhCord said:
hahaha np MISTER Gallo! hahaa .. i only told him the size, not like i told him what kinda rims and what kinda tires and at wut psi the tires are at :p
just answering the question just incase he couldnt sleep b/c he wanted to know the size hahhahaha

btw damn u for not going to the meet hahaa j/p
Dude, I was so bummed. I was all amped about going to the meet. Had the car clean and looking good. Went to Bed Bath and Beyond to pick up a couple candles my wife wanted. Came out of the store, got in the car, started to back out of the parking space and WHAM!! Our little plastic cars can't take much of a hit. Grandpa's Caddy didn't have a mark on it. I thought about calling the Popo but said f*ck it. I'm not going to have my insurance premium go up and have a spot on my record for however many years for a slightly crunched rear bumper. I'll deal with it myself.

Oh, by the way, I saw your mugshot in the meet pictures. SKEERY!!! :p
 

·
the Lost Sol
Joined
·
2,198 Posts
arggggggg that sux man!!! i was waiting and waiting for ya... but nada :( haha ..u should lo0k into buying my rear bumper kit hahaha ... i'm putting my stock back on since i'll be lowered soon and i cant drive a lowered car w/ kits ...

ya that pix of me is "Skeeryy!!" haha i didnt even know he was taking..sneaky bastard hahaa
 

·
Shifting 5 Gears Baby !!
Joined
·
999 Posts
Gallo said:
Dude, I was so bummed. I was all amped about going to the meet. Had the car clean and looking good. Went to Bed Bath and Beyond to pick up a couple candles my wife wanted. Came out of the store, got in the car, started to back out of the parking space and WHAM!! Our little plastic cars can't take much of a hit. Grandpa's Caddy didn't have a mark on it. I thought about calling the Popo but said f*ck it. I'm not going to have my insurance premium go up and have a spot on my record for however many years for a slightly crunched rear bumper. I'll deal with it myself.

Oh, by the way, I saw your mugshot in the meet pictures. SKEERY!!! :p
that sucks man, is it just the comestic bumper cover or the bumper reinforcement as well :(

as for suspension a Tein S tech and KYB AGX setup would be great and smooth
I'm match with KYB-GR2 non adjustable and I love the ride, feels as smooth as stock but dropped over 2.5"
 

·
Large Member
Joined
·
505 Posts
cowgodv6 said:
that sucks man, is it just the comestic bumper cover or the bumper reinforcement as well :(

as for suspension a Tein S tech and KYB AGX setup would be great and smooth
I'm match with KYB-GR2 non adjustable and I love the ride, feels as smooth as stock but dropped over 2.5"
It was just the bumper cover. No bending of any reinforcement pieces, luckily. Didn't damage my exhaust either. He hit me squarely on the right corner of my bumper with the left corner of his bumper. Sucks but it could have been worse.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
I am on Eibach Pro's like Mastadulog but I got Kyb Gr-2's and it rides smooth but I have never had anything different to compare it to but stock.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top