Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
No Life LowLife
Joined
·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those of us who don't want coilovers and just want HFP or other lowering springs, I'll do a tally of the lowerings. Just give me the distance from the center of the centercap to the fender for your setup and I'll update the numbers.
With enough numbers, you can help others to better choose their springs. For example, I want a 2" gap with 19's running on 225/35/19s. I can use the tire calculator to find the radius. So the front wheel gap using HFP is 14.5" - 12.6" = 1.9" I think this is what I'm going to do. But for others if you want to post your numbers I'll update them. The more numbers the better. :D


OEM
OwAce 2dr MT6 F=15.8 R=15.3
leeak 04 4dr F=15 3/8 R=14.0

HFP
stoner 04 2dr MT6 F=15.5 R=14.25 *w/ fat sub in the back
Jon2002 04 2dr MT6 F=14.5 R=13.5 *w/ another fat sub in trunk
wj4 04 2dr F=14.0 R=13.0 (lowest HFP drop yet!)
delta tech 05 4dr F=14.25 R=13.5

Tein H-Tech
04accordcpe 04 2dr MT6 F=14 1/4 R=14 1/8

H&R Sport
Deepa 04 2dr F=14.6 R=14.2

H&R Sports w/ Koni's
sweet03accord 03 2dr f=13.25 R=13.38 (13.38"? Did you use a caliper?) ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
i have an av6 auto coupe. got HFP for about 4 months now and my measurements are 14inch in front and 13inch in back. right now im on stock wheels with nothing in the trunk except my backpack haha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
i think we should also put up pictures next to the stats to give a visual :)
heres a pic i took last week after the car wash. its a trickey picture because the ground was slightly uphill. in a straight level ground, the front is a weee bit lower haha :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
H&R Sports w/ Koni's
sweet03accord 03 2dr f=13.25 R=13.38 (13.38"? Did you use a caliper?) ;)
LOL, to be honest I did use a digital height gage from work :) I could have actually post in thousandths of an inch but that would hvae just got ppl confused :D

Great posting idea tho for all the people looking to do suspension drops. It took me forever to decide which I wanted to go, but ended up extremely happy in the long run. Peace
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
OwAce said:
wj4 thats a great hfp drop. you have no idea how lucky you are.
lol thnx bro. still wish the front was an inch lower tho to make the whole car even out :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,136 Posts
once u get some nice rims it'll look sick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
Raddy21 said:
once u get some nice rims it'll look sick
gimme 2 more weeks man. i got the rims already just gotta save up for the tires. im puttin on 18 inch roja drift gt in gunmetal with chrome lip. im saving up for falken azenis lol. i could put them on now but if i do, id be flat broke so id rather wait for the next paycheck to help out a bit :) also im going to get a tint to match the gunmetal after that hehe
 

·
I Jumped Off Da Bandwagon
Joined
·
2,204 Posts
wj4 said:
gimme 2 more weeks man. i got the rims already just gotta save up for the tires. im puttin on 18 inch roja drift gt in gunmetal with chrome lip. im saving up for falken azenis lol. i could put them on now but if i do, id be flat broke so id rather wait for the next paycheck to help out a bit :) also im going to get a tint to match the gunmetal after that hehe
Don't get it too dark tho. You'll know what'll happen. :siren:
 

·
No Life LowLife
Joined
·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
wj4 said:
lol thnx bro. still wish the front was an inch lower tho to make the whole car even out :(
Compare to stoner's 15.5" and 14.25" I won't complain too much. :p Anyway are you sure you have 14" and 13" flat? All these measurements should be from the CENTER of the centercap. Just want to make sure. But from you pic, it looks like you have one of the best hfp drop. I am leaning towards hfp now. It would be nice if we get some consistency w/ the hfps.... :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
Leeak said:
Compare to stoner's 15.5" and 14.25" I won't complain too much. :p Anyway are you sure you have 14" and 13" flat? All these measurements should be from the CENTER of the centercap. Just want to make sure. But from you pic, it looks like you have one of the best hfp drop. I am leaning towards hfp now. It would be nice if we get some consistency w/ the hfps.... :confused:
yes...i measured from the middle of the "H" in the center of the wheel to the bottom of the fender.
 

·
oSCaR
Joined
·
4,919 Posts
wj4 said:
...im puttin on 18 inch roja drift gt in gunmetal with chrome lip... ...also im going to get a tint to match the gunmetal after that hehe
uuu the 18" ro_ja gt drift are on my "want list" of wheels, im getting tint next week (20%, i have graphite, f' the popo, ill just say my paint makes it look darker if i get pulled over... lol) ... i wanted to ask how much you gettin the wheels for? how much do they weigh, and the offset if u know it, thanks a lot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
v6_ccord_2k5 said:
uuu the 18" ro_ja gt drift are on my "want list" of wheels, im getting tint next week (20%, i have graphite, f' the popo, ill just say my paint makes it look darker if i get pulled over... lol) ... i wanted to ask how much you gettin the wheels for? how much do they weigh, and the offset if u know it, thanks a lot.
i got the wheels for $630shipped from ebaymotors, from a seller that sells a lot of roja wheels. they are 18 x 7, bolt pattern is of course 5 x 114.3 and the offset is 42mm. theyre kinda heavy, around 25lb each, but thats only 2-3 more lb than the stock 16inch wheel so w/e. for the price i couldnt let a couple of pounds let me say no :D especially with them being a 2 peice forged set haha.
u can click on the link to see the pix. i didnt want to post the pix here and clutter up this thread :p
http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=51157
 

·
No Life LowLife
Joined
·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just updated w/ Deepa's numbers from the other thread. If you guys keep posting numbers up, I'll continue to add to this. BTW Deepa how did you get 14.6 and 14.2? Or do you actually mean 14 3/4 and 14 1/4? I know, I'm nitpicking. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
748 Posts
my specs are way off guys sorry, ill remeasure so you can fix that leeak, and we need more people on to list there drops, we got how many 7gen owners and only what 9 people that actually listed.
 

·
ultimate
Joined
·
228 Posts
hmm I need a drop but I'm not sure which kit to get. I want btwn 1.5 inch and 2 inch drop, but I want the back to be higher (no boating).
Also I don't want to spend a lot of money. Any suggestions?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coilovers + lowering springs come in a package, right?
If so, can I get lowering springs now, can I get the matching coilovers later?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
748 Posts
carfanatik said:
hmm I need a drop but I'm not sure which kit to get. I want btwn 1.5 inch and 2 inch drop, but I want the back to be higher (no boating).
Also I don't want to spend a lot of money. Any suggestions?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coilovers + lowering springs come in a package, right?
If so, can I get lowering springs now, can I get the matching coilovers later?

no im pertty sure you cant do that....id just go with some good coilovers i got springs i dont like the fact you have to stick with that drop, i want to go lower i got h&r which is 1.5f 1.3r and its def not low enough, im thinking about going with ground contorl coilovers.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top