Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Calendar car one day!
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want my car lower than pro kit lowering springs and I want a nice ride. Whats my best bet on shock/ spring combo? I don't want coilovers just becuase they are too pricey.. Pics if you have them too please..

·
Ricky
1,402 Posts
A full coilover system can be pricey, but if you just buy like some Skunk2 coils and some gas struts, it shouldnt be that bad. You dont have to go all out with some Teins or Omni's etc unless you wanted too :p . I just dont like springs ... Once you've payed the money, you might not get what you wanted out of em & then your stuck with em. Coils you can adjust , obviously, so you get to put it right where you want it (for the most part). Some of us like to go LOW ! Its worth the little bit of extra money for the coils.

·
Registered
790 Posts
if you do plan on coil-overs, buy a name brand that has a reputation. do not go cheap or else you will end up reselling them for a cheaper price. i'm on pro-kits w/ prelude wheels on my 6thgenaccord and it's a decent drop. you could go with H&R race springs.

·
LaLaLaLa
4,852 Posts
dont waste your money - if youre planning on purchasing new springs/shocks, then you might as well get a coilover set such as omnipowers.

a new set of H&R Race = ~$200
and the only shocks that can handle the drop of H&R Race without blowing every year would be koni yellows or tokico illuminas - those run $370-$400 on ebay

omnis only run about $650ish, there are alot of other sub $1k coilovers out there

but if you insist on going with a spring/shock combo, here are some decent (~1-2 finger gap) spring/shock combos:

h&r sport+tokico blues/illuminas
sportlines+tokico blues/illuminas

·
central Cali accords
2,747 Posts
You say you want to lower your ride more with the pro kits or pro kits + shocks? Shocks don't lower the car at all, they just recoil the vehicle's chassis. I'd stick with the prokits paired with any of the shocks mentioned below cause it's a nice subtle ride and not excessively too much or harsh.

If you don't care about adjustables then get non adjust.. If you want to stiffen up your ride get an adjustable shock, I recently set my illuminas to 4 in the front and 2 in the rear. Turning the wheel got a tad harder but it's nice and stiff/sporty . :up:

·
Fast at Last!... kind of.
2,163 Posts
Honda-Tech has a vendor "No Limit Motorsports" that's having a special on a Koni/Ground Control combo that's frankly an amazing deal, $750 USD or so for a complete setup. The amazing dampening of Koni's with the custom spring rates offered by Eibach springs via the GC's.

Off-the-shelf rates are 340F/200R, I ordered mine with 450F/300R. No additional charge! :cool:

·
hella flush
7,225 Posts
eibach springs + koni yellows
teins s tech springs + koni yellows
or h&r springs + koni yellows

imo just save up for coilovers

·
LaLaLaLa
4,852 Posts
mista jc said:
You say you want to lower your ride more with the pro kits or pro kits + shocks? Shocks don't lower the car at all, they just recoil the vehicle's chassis. I'd stick with the prokits paired with any of the shocks mentioned below cause it's a nice subtle ride and not excessively too much or harsh.

If you don't care about adjustables then get non adjust.. If you want to stiffen up your ride get an adjustable shock, I recently set my illuminas to 4 in the front and 2 in the rear. Turning the wheel got a tad harder but it's nice and stiff/sporty . :up:
my shocks lowered my car a whole finger gap :hide:
h&r race + stock shocks

h&r race + koni yellows

but yeah shocks in general will not lower your car

·
Registered
546 Posts
What do you guys think of neuspeed springs on stock shocks? It's not for me. It's for my friend. I researched the brand for springs. I haven't gotten enough input for me to be satisfied?

Anyways, personally, I do agree with the posts above. The spring/shock combo puts you up near the coilovers. Not worth it!

·
Calendar car one day!
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just got a set of h&r springs for a pack of bud light :)!!! Should I go with tokico shocks? Illuminas?

·
i<3 S.E.S & Eugene Kim
3,589 Posts
stupidaznmunkey said:
.....well get a coilover set such as omnipowers.

omnis only run about $650ish, there are alot of other sub $1k coilovers out there

1SLOsedan said:
I want a nice ride.

with omnis, they are VERY stiff...and you FEEL EVERYTING on the road...

1SLOsedan wants ride quality, which i suggest prokits and tokico blues.

they are ALOT better in terms of ride quality.

1SLOsedan said:
I just got a set of h&r springs for a pack of bud light :)!!! Should I go with tokico shocks? Illuminas?
thats fine. get that.

·
Shifting 5 Gears Baby !!
999 Posts
I have tried a few different setups
so far the best is what I'm using right now :)
Tein Driving Master Wagon Low Down Spec Coilovers
Only sold in japan, and designed for the wagon's weight, so that makes it perfect for a slightly lighter V6 :)

Suspension is a tricky thing. Sometimes you'll get positive feedback about a coilover kit or a spring / shock combo, but the feedback is not on your specific car. This is a step in the wrong direction. Speak to people with your exact car. I have heard horror stories about Ovni coilovers on one car, but on another the feedback was 100% ...

I have used GR-2 shocks and Tein S-techs and the ride was super comfy. I would have wanted to have dampening capabilities, but I did not have the extra funds for it at the time.

for the 6th gen accord, I have a buddy of mine that used Nex coilovers kit and dropped the car almost 3" inches on 18"
The ride was superb. stiff and race style handling. They lastest 3+ years he used them.

·
Registered
162 Posts
cowgodv6 said:
I have used GR-2 shocks and Tein S-techs and the ride was super comfy. I would have wanted to have dampening capabilities, but I did not have the extra funds for it at the time.
i completely understand haha i just dropped almost 1500 on my car and got the s-techs and the gr2's

i had to buy a new cluster and camber kit as well

so you say the ride was super comfy huh?!!?

·
Registered
395 Posts
yes it will but will sit much lower than the 4cyl. What kind of coilovers are you thinking of getting cause I'm planning on buying some coilovers too?

·
the Lost Sol
2,198 Posts
coilovers dont sit lower from i4 to v6 since coilovers are height adjustable... there is no "set" drop so no worries... i got a set of ksports coilovers if any1's interested :D

·
Shifting 5 Gears Baby !!
999 Posts
1990 - 1997 Accord suspension components are the same, just the spring ratios on the stock OE coils is slightly tighter - IE - stiffer with the wagon and V6. We are talking 3 lbs per square inch, nothing drastic.

Tein coilovers / K sport / Ovni / Apexi / Tanabe / Nex / are all going to fit. Some will have a softer coil so the ride will be more soft then tight.

If you are looking for a setup with adjustable shock dampening, Tein, Ovni and K sport make 36 point adjustable coilovers, but don't expect them to give them away. Save up a good 1500$

·
Tyler
175 Posts
What kind of coilovers are you thinking of getting cause I'm planning on buying some coilovers too?

actually i found a guy on cardomain that is selling some coilovers, he said he used them for like 2 or 3 months, they are matrix??? are matrix crap or what? i dont want crap but i dont want to put down any 1K either. what is a respectable name that is cheap? im not looking for the best of anything, just the middle of the road, if not, a little less. how are ksports coilovers KhanhCord??

1 - 20 of 32 Posts