Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Originally Posted by darkprince
I was wondering if you knew anything about the new Tanabe Sustec Pro Seven and the TEAS and how does it compare to say Tein SS with EDFC?

TEAS = not available for accords.

Also if I'm lowering my car I'd want stiffer springs, but what kind of shocks do I want and why? (eg. more damping force or less). This is for daily driving, I live in Vancouver so the roads aren't crazy.

KONIS FTW..with that i recommend the KONI cup kit. mate it with the Coilover sleeves (that someone linked earlier on the neuspeed cup kit thread)

I'd like a set up that rides comfortably but gives me better handling (best of both worlds). I believe a stiffer spring provides better handling, but I'd like to make sure why.

stiffer spring = resistance to body roll, keeps weight transfer more controlled. better handling. also lowering car - lower center of gravity - better handling.

Actually any information you could give me on suspension theory would be awesome, I tried reading some stuff on the internet but they're not very descriptive.

Red = Answers by OwAce

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
Oh one more thing I'd like answered is... there was a thread on Damping force. There was an equation where if you got stiffer shocks you'd have to get high damping force shocks to equal it out or something...

Now say i got Teins SS-P with EDFC. I'd be able to change the Damping force with EDFC to have a comfortable ride while having a lower car right?

yes. if you got tein ss-p and wanted say a more comfortable / airy ride you can bring the car to a stop. and using the edfc turn it to the predefined "soft" setting.

this would mean your car will oscillate more and take say 1.5 turns to come to equilibrium, say versus 1 turn for stiff, and .75 turn for FULL stiff.

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
joedanger11 said:
i was under the impression that the edfc wont fit on the 7th gen. something about the hood not being able to close?
incorrect. tein says the edfc fits fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What do rear and front strut bars and how does it affect handling? (Oversteer, understeer? harsher ride?)

What will a thicker/thinner front and rear sway bar do to affect handling?

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
strut bars prevent the stop of the strut from flexing too much. they help only on cars whose frames are weak and prone to flexing. they help your turn in, and help to keep your camber static.

sway bars prevent body roll, and transfer weight from one side of the car to the other.

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
thicker rear sway will give u more oversteer than you started with. upgrading the rear sway alone on our accords (in moderation) is not a huge issue in our accords since there is an inherent amount over understeer to begin with. a larger rear bar (on the order of 17-20mm) will give u a more neutral feel. there is a huge ongoing debate about the best rear sway bar size to keep it neutral, without pushing it over the edge to result in overall oversteer.

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
my accord's rear sway bar = 14mm
TL rear sway bar = 17mm
CL-s rear sway bar = 19mm
TL 6-speed rear sway bar = 20mm
comptech rear sway = 22mm

search "TL rear sway," youll get tons of info

edit: hahah okay u edited your question, guess u realized that theres a bunch of threads out there ;D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts