Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
TSX is a I4 motor unless you are getting the 2010+ TSX V6 or TL V6 (same drivetrain). To see if they are similar (the way that I do it) is to go on RockAuto and compare axles and transmission mounts. If they are the same then you should be mechanically good. Wiring will be a little different probably.

·
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T
1,772 Posts
TSX is a I4 motor unless you are getting the 2010+ TSX V6 or TL V6 (same drivetrain). To see if they are similar (the way that I do it) is to go on RockAuto and compare axles and transmission mounts. If they are the same then you should be mechanically good. Wiring will be a little different probably.

Bad info sir.

Acura changed the transmission bellhousing in 2007, so a 2010 TL manual transmission will NOT bolt up to a 7th Gen J30A4/A5, unless you fabricate an adapter plate.

Comparing axle and transmission mounts to determine if it will bolt up does not work for this specific application.

06ac0rd: The above info is all I can provide.. I don't know the answer to your question. Try searching DriveAccord for your question. I can't guarantee the answer is over there.

·
The Jester
1,352 Posts
alright, from what I can collect the transmission will not work. It would work if you swapped in a j35a8 or newer engine with the updated bellhousing, however the TSX transmission is based on the newer transmission bellhousing, not the one in our accords.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts