Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
OH...........IO
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there an easy way to get the sawy bar end links off? we put the allen wrench in and try to get the nut off, but we can only break the loose. hel!!!!

·
OH...........IO
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not the bracket, but the end link its self. thank you though.

·
(つ◕‿◕)つ*•.★.•*•.★.•* •.★.•
3,498 Posts
what i did was i positioned the allen key against a part of the chassis/suspension so that i didn't have to hold it when i turned the bolt. Then i used a 14mm wrench to loosen it. It was a PITA to remove because i could only turn it about 1/4 of a turn then i'd have to reposition the wrench.

here's another DIY>

http://www.filtsai.com/accord/sway_bar/index.php

·
OH...........IO
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks thats what i was looking for!!!!

·
OH...........IO
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
i had to use vice grips to hold the threaded part of the bolt to get the nut off....and this isnt a good idea..you have to be very careful about putting the vice grips on too tight and the bolt spinning and really messng up the threads

·
constantly in pursuit
4,250 Posts
AccordiO said:
I have a ratchet wrench set, it saves me ALOT of time.
definately, i just got one a while ago, it would have helped a ton on the last swaybar install i helped with, if the inside of the endlink's hex socket hadnt been completely stripped. a little wd-40 goes a long way to getting these off too. i just it unfrozen with a socket, then used the allen wrench and the ratcheting open box wrench to take it the rest of the way off.

but i wont ever use a crescent wrench again if i can avoid it. too many opportunities to strip a bolt

·
OH...........IO
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
we blasted it with wd-40 and anything thing else we had like that, but didnt work. it broke loose then would turn any more. advance auto has them for 13 each so...

·
(つ◕‿◕)つ*•.★.•*•.★.•* •.★.•
3,498 Posts
what? advance auto had the endlinks? I went to the dealership to buy mine (stripped the where you put the allen key) and they charge me $93.xx for a pair!! :(

·
OH...........IO
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ya they have them, but they have to be ordered for next day.

·
OH...........IO
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hey everyone, if you need to replace the sway bar end links ever, go to advanced auto!!!! i got left and right rear for 28** with tax. but you will have to order them for the next day. thanks for the help by the way too.

·
OH...........IO
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
oh by the way, if you get the ones from advanced auto, they are much nicer than oem and go on so much quicker. just tighten the nut, thats it!!!!

·
OH...........IO
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
mo more hex at all, there is a self locking nut on the other side of the sway. give me some time to get pics.

·
OH...........IO
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ya, thats it. dont buy them there, just go to the store. i paid like 28** for the two.l

1 - 20 of 20 Posts